I'm so heartbroken </3

peeps7

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
North Carolina
Well yesterday I left home early, which I never do, as soon as I got to where I was going I got a phone call. 2 Great big german shepherds and gotten into one of my chicken coops. They completely annihilated a silver sebright hen, killed a sebright rooster, a spangled old english game bantam hen, and a young Tom turkey. I had just redone all of the runs on my main chicken coop and made sure everything was predator proof so thank the Lord they didn't get to any of those chickens. There was a busted pane of glass on the chicken coop the flock that got killed were in and I hadn't fixed it. I put up a piece of wire to make sure the chickens didn't get out until I could fix it but the German shepherds just pushed right through it. It was a massacre when I got home
hit.gif
I was so upset, the animal control said people are just dumping dogs left and right out here and they were probably strays. We have never had a dog attack, predator problem, nothing in the 4-5 years I have been raising chickens so this is very heartbreaking for me. That was the only coop I hadn't gotten around to fixing, the golden sebrights, seramas, old english game bantams, and the bantam mille fleur cochins were very safe and I'm just beating myself up over this one coop I didn't get around too
hit.gif
Sorry guys, I just had to vent

Sorry for your loss, what a drag...Next to racoons, i fear some dogs getting my hens. I've had hens for over three yrs. So far i haven't lost a hen to a predator.
Racoons i expect and know i'll be battling, its nature..Dogs, for the most part run loose because of some careless jerks. I realize some dogs are abandoned and just trying to survive, but for the most part i have zero tolerance for dogs after my hens...Again sorry for your loss..

Back
Top Bottom