I'm so old I Remember when:

1716557787364.png

Remember when you could pay with a cheque??! Or 'check' in Americanese ;)
I guess I'm still old school. I pay for almost everything by check. Gas, groceries, bills almost everything. Small town makes that easier. Occasionally I shop out of town, I use cash. I do use my debit card at the ATM.

I suppose I am a dinosaur.

I guess I'm still old school. I pay for almost everything by check. Gas, groceries, bills almost everything. Small town makes that easier. Occasionally I shop out of town, I use cash. I do use my debit card at the ATM.

I suppose I am a dinosaur.
I wish I could. But I don't live in a small town (I don't live in a town at all, but that doesn't matter). Walmart would throw a fit. We have no cashiered checkouts left - it's all self checkout. I do pay all bills that come in the mail with checks though!

I wish I could. But I don't live in a small town (I don't live in a town at all, but that doesn't matter). Walmart would throw a fit. We have no cashiered checkouts left - it's all self checkout. I do pay all bills that come in the mail with checks though!
The Walmart nearest me still has some human cashiers. The line is always longer here. Not as many use the self check outs. I do not as I feel like they take someone's job.
They still take personal checks here.

Credit card trivia question:

What was Visa called before it was called Visa?

What was the name before that?
Visa Evolved out of BankAmericard, which was Bank of America's original credit card started in 1958. It has always been Visa since it was rebranded from BankAmericard. In 1970 BofA spun it off and relinquished full control and it became the consortium banking entity it is today.

Back
Top Bottom