I'm to sexy for my..... Jacket????

mycutekitties

Songster
10 Years
Aug 15, 2009
Modesto, California
Long (and sad) story short the neighbors dog broke threw our fence and killed my daughters best friend Red Wagon (bantam buff laced Polish) and severely injured our goose Sebastian. He's going to be ok but he has a broken wing and raw flesh on both wings. He has to stay clean and dry for 14 days so he is living in our bathroom. I ordered a diaper so he can roam the house and that should be here soon. Anyway he has a cute little jacket he has to wear for 14 days to keep his broken wing secure. I think he looks so cute in it. Lol On the way to the vet He was such a big boy! His jacket that matches his big blue eyes I take him outside for a bit. He hates this thing! This was Red Wagon (RIP). We miss her so much. Anyway you can follow Sebastian's recovery on Facebook. (in my signature)

The look on your daughter's face as she is holding Sebastian is touching. The picture of your other daughter(I think) with Red Wagon truly shows her love of her pet. Those pictures should be shown to the owner of the dog just for effect.

The look on your daughter's face as she is holding Sebastian is touching.  The picture of your other daughter(I think) with Red Wagon truly shows her love of her pet.  Those pictures should be shown to the owner of the dog just for effect.

I did show her and she didn't care whatsoever. She kept saying "dogs just kill chickens I can't help it". I told her that her dog came on to our property but she didn't care.
I didn't know people could be so heartless.

Press charges against her for not controlling her animal. Ignorant people may think it was just a chicken and a silly goose, but it is clear that these were your girls pets. She needs to be taught a lesson. And if the PD laughs at you... Call the paper and get it in there. They like human interest stories.

I am sorry for your girls loss. I hope she is able to find another chicken that is just as special, and Sebastian recovers nicely.

I did show her and she didn't care whatsoever. She kept saying "dogs just kill chickens I can't help it". I told her that her dog came on to our property but she didn't care.
I didn't know people could be so heartless.
You must be much nicer and calmer than I would have. I would have said something back like "Oh then I kill worthless dogs that come onto my property and kill my childs pet, I can't help it" People who actually think its "natural" for a dog to just kill a chicken are dumb. Yes I understand accidents happen and that if meeting a chicken at first it can cause excitment in most dogs but I also believe dogs should be trained to not harm other animals as much as you should train your dog to sit and stay. But MOST breeds (exception of terriors and maybe a few others I'm not thinking of) of dogs are acctually not bred to kill anything! Quite the opposite most dogs are bred to protect. Even "bird" dogs and sporting dogs are actually not supposed to harm birds at all. Their instict should be to "point, flush out, retrieve". When people tell me "its prey drive! its just a dogs instict to kill!" I think oh really I thought they were dogs not wolves! Its also instict for a dog to poo where ever it please and reproduce and bite you if you get near its food. But we don't allow that! if a dog attacked the neighbors cat or small dog it would be labled vicious and/or put down. Why not just say "Oh I'm sorry my dog attacked all your small animals and bit your child but it's just prey drive.." But for some reason when a dog kills a chicken (or in your case a goose as well) alot of people just shrug it off and think nothing of it! I'm sorry for my ranting, but when people don't care what their stupid dog did and how much it hurt you "just because it was a chicken" it upsets me. I'm so sorry you and your daughter had to go through that and I think your neighbor is cruel, heartless and stupid (hope she learns to contain her beast). I hope sebastian gets better!

You must be much nicer and calmer than I would have. I would have said something back like "Oh then I kill worthless dogs that come onto my property and kill my childs pet, I can't help it" People who actually think its "natural" for a dog to just kill a chicken are dumb. Yes I understand accidents happen and that if meeting a chicken at first it can cause excitment in most dogs but I also believe dogs should be trained to not harm other animals as much as you should train your dog to sit and stay. But MOST breeds (exception of terriors and maybe a few others I'm not thinking of) of dogs are acctually not bred to kill anything! Quite the opposite most dogs are bred to protect. Even "bird" dogs and sporting dogs are actually not supposed to harm birds at all. Their instict should be to "point, flush out, retrieve". When people tell me "its prey drive! its just a dogs instict to kill!" I think oh really I thought they were dogs not wolves! Its also instict for a dog to poo where ever it please and reproduce and bite you if you get near its food. But we don't allow that!  if a dog attacked the neighbors cat or small dog it would be labled vicious and/or put down. Why not just say "Oh I'm sorry my dog attacked all your small animals and bit your child but it's just prey drive.." But for some reason when a dog kills a chicken (or in your case a goose as well) alot of people just shrug it off and think nothing of it! I'm sorry for my ranting, but when people don't care what their stupid dog did and how much it hurt you "just because it was a chicken" it upsets me. I'm so sorry you and your daughter had to go through that and I think your neighbor is cruel, heartless and stupid (hope she learns to contain her beast). I hope sebastian gets better!

Animal control labeled this dog as "very dangerous" and are going to try and catch it. They tried 2 years ago after the same dog was chasing the others neighbors sheep. Last time they gave up. I won't let that happen. Im going to follow up with AC and make sure that dog is caught.

I'm glad you're taking action. I hope AC catches that dog (too bad they won't catch the owner too lol) dogs and people like that (mostly the people's fault) give everyone else a bad name. Hope everything works out.

I'm so sorry for you're birds! Polish are always lovable, but sadly, very vulnerable as well. I have showed and worked with a couple Sebbies, and they are personable and lovable as well, and I hope your Sebastian recovers fully and quickly!
I hope you can work something out with your neighbor peacefully, and that they see what their dog has done, and feel bad about it. (I can always hope!)

Back
Top Bottom