I'm up a creek....need a quick fix

theredlines

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Phuket, Thailand
Hey guys... my wife and I just moved into a place today. We've got a good couple of acres were are planning to getting a small flock on. Well here's the big catch. We live in Thailand. Think hot and many times wet. Well in signing papers to move in I mentioned our chicken plans to our landlord. He mentioned he may know a good place to get some birds and said he'd find out what he could. Well, I just got a message at 11:00 pm tonight that he'll be by in the morning with 3 hens. So my first chore is to figure out what to do with the hens! I'm headed off to bed now as it's late and I've got a lot to do in the morning. Is there a chance you all could help with some very simple coop ideas. I'm working with seriously limited materials over here being Thailand. Think bamboo, branches and grass roof limited. Thanks a bunch in advance!!!

If they are younger than 7 weeks keep them inside in a box and keep them warm. If they are ANY older then well you got some bad luck. You need a coop but it looks like that will not be built in time. You could buy a coop but you need a run or a fence for free range. Are they here yet? Good luck keep me updated I WILL wright back!
jumpy.gif

Praise God they haven't shown up yet. We got the rest of everything to the new place today. Another friend came and dropped off a 3 month old kitten today. I don't know exactly how old the hens will be. My plans are to raise chickens and ducks as we are on a good sized pond. I was figuring an average of 5 - 10 hens and 3-7 ducks. Of course my plan was to start building the coop and a small run after we finished getting settled in.

Back
Top Bottom