I'm wondering if this could this be a roo.....

I feel so sad for you. This is your first time ever having chickens. I would definitely tell the seller what they gave to you.
I know what it is like when you raise chicks up and adore them, feeling that they are going to be your friends for a long time.

Last edited:
OMG!!!! HAHA!! SOOOO CUTE!!! LOL
lol.png
I love its feet!! They are SO chubyish!! I would think its a roo just because of how thick its legs are.

Getting all roos from a straight run happens, getting the completely wrong breed should not happen

Unfortunately it does I ordered 5 Barred Rocks and got 7 White Rocks, and No delawares, it took almosta month to figure out just what kinda birds they sent me, because as babies they were yellow and gray fluff balls, turned out all but 2 were roo's, so they are now in my freezer. I hated to do it, but I did I can't feed 34 roosters...grrrrrrrrrrr
Did these come from a swap, a hatchery or a flee market? No matter I would be pretty midffed if someone sold me meaties instead of layers. Heres picture for comparison, these are my BO with my grandson at about a month maybe 6 weeks.
81831_img_1111.jpg

So sorry you were tricked what a jerk............​

After my experience with my 2 chicks ending up being Roo's... I say 99% that's a roo.... can tell by their combs already... it's bigger and redder compared to the other in the photo... Good Luck!

I agree too with them both being a Cornish X's.

We have a chicken houses across the road that raise them for the poultry farm. In the past, after the houses would get collected there would always be a few who didn't get caught and just left behind. If I ever saw one I always took it home (with the owners consent) since they were pretty much left to fend for themselves, if they made it through the night that is. They will get huge, they are "programmed" to eat, drink, eat, drink. I had to put the food up higher a few times a day & at night, the others could get to it but the CX couldn't, making her get out of the coop and "exercise". If you leave the food accessible all the time they will continually eat, eat, eat... and not stray far from the feeder. One, Clover, had gotten so big she would wobble when she walked, so sad. She lived for only 10 months, she was already month old when I got her. Another one, Squeaks, I "rescued" only lived a few months.
sad.png

I decided no more I found it to sad.
sad.png

I know yours may not have come from a chicken house, but I agree that this breed is a weight gaining "machine".
pop.gif

As for your question, that one does appear to be a roo.

Back
Top Bottom