I'm working on new farm website - suggestions needed.

ruth

Life is a Journey
12 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Woodville, MS
I'm in the process of developing a new website for our farm - both for information and to eventually sell chicks, eggs, and other farm items from. We are also hoping to eventually have tours and special events and family days and kid days here so I'm looking for a one-size fits all kind of website.

www.bethelplantation.com

I've run into a number of problems between Publisher 2007 and Internet Explorer 8 - seems IE 8 can't view the "grouped" items, meaning the navigation bars. I've made revisions but I've also run into issues where it views fine from my machine but I can't get pages to view or links to work if I go to another machine.

If anyone wants to take a look and let me know what you think, how the pics loaded, and any helpful advice - I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

WOW!!! Those colors really POP - it looks GREAT!!!!

PS - you picked a bad night to post, with those pics threads.....
lol.png

Looks good on Firefox. The only problem is the link sidebar, the writing isn't on the link buttons! Other than that, pretty nice.

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. I don't have Firefox so can't view that way. Initially they didn't show up at all using I.E. 8 and I had to research to find out why. Seems Publisher uses groupings and too much code for IE8 to sort through. Advice was to ungroup the nav. bars for them to show up and work - which they do but I knew the grouping had to control at least some appearance. At this point, I'm not sure how to fix it - I've already followed Microsoft's advice.

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. I don't have Firefox so can't view that way. Initially they didn't show up at all using I.E. 8 and I had to research to find out why. Seems Publisher uses groupings and too much code for IE8 to sort through. Advice was to ungroup the nav. bars for them to show up and work - which they do but I knew the grouping had to control at least some appearance. At this point, I'm not sure how to fix it - I've already followed Microsoft's advice.

Microsoft help feature is spotty at best. Send me a PM to remind me to ask my IT expert - Ken! Its what he does for a living.

I love it.

And I'm going to have to splurge and order about 15 of your BC Maran chicks. My wife will kill me but I've got to have them.

Thanks all. We have three different pc's in the house and all have a different version of Internet Explorer and each one views it differently. I had all kinds of weird things showing up initially. Pages that had long since been revised still had the intial template stuff and pages had writing overlapping writing and things floating on top of others.

It's been a long learning curve because I've always used FrontPage and now Expression Web but I had a customer who sent me a Publisher file that they had created and wanted turned into a website so I had to buy Publisher and learn to use it. It was their file that I spent many, many days trying to figure out why things wouldn't work and why navigation bars wouldn't show up on some pcs. Didn't get an answer to that till tonight when I searched the web so I had to "fix" every one of their pages as well. But, there's is also still in the development stage.

It's funny that MS developed both programs and they don't work together. There's an SP "fix" than can be downloaded but it comes with problems of it's own in that some people who install the service pac then can't open Publisher files at all anymore. (Some Fix) Plus, I need the websites to be able to be viewed by those who have I.E.8 and haven't downloaded the SP.

Other than these issues, I found Publisher sooooo much easier to use to create a website than MS ExpressionWeb.

Quote:
Just let me know and I'll put some in the bator for you. I hatch year round. Right now I have 60+ special and rare breeds hatching from SCBirdfarm.

Back
Top Bottom