I'm worried about my peachicks. ***Liver Pics on page 3***

Wazine , not good, it only kills round worm, get the safe guard for goats, They could pick up blackhead from guinea. But my first guess would be worms. No blood in dropping ?

I'll stop at TSC on my way home for the safeguard. I haven't seen any blood. Would it be bright red?

As far as blackhead goes, could they get it while they are penned up without direct contact with the chickens or Guineas? I bought some fish zole while the eggs were incubating just in case I needed it someday.

I'm trying really hard to raise these chicks. I lost every one of my first brood when the hen that hatched them killed them by pecking them to death within hours of hatching. This time I let her sit on the eggs and took them to the incubator a couple of days before they hatched.

The droppings don't sound right for blackhead, but I wouldn't totally rule it out either. They could get blackhead from a bit of manure tracked in on your shoes, from an earthworm crawling in... normally the feces of a bird infected with blackhead are sulphur yellow which pretty much indicates that something is going on with the liver.

I believe it is coccidosis. I bought Corrid and Safeguard on the way home today. When I went to give it to them, one was on death's doorstep. It was dying in my hands. I will be surprised if that one lives. I got a few drops of some concentrated Corrid in them, with their water also treated. I will give a little more by eyedropper tonight and then hope for the best.

I just went to check on them. The one chick did die, just that quick. The remaining 3 chicks were all standing around the waterer drinking the Corrid mix. I hope it works fast.

fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom