I'm writing a book

gaited horse

Merry Christmas!
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
Fernley, NV
I'm writing a book on how horse horsemanship can be turned into relationship advice.
I'm taking what I've seen in friends relationships and my own relationship that is starting with my Boyfriend.

perchie.girl

Desert Dweller
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego county High Desert
Good luck.... I always found horses and boys usually didnt mix. 45 years of horses and only one relationship that was horse involved. That was back in 1969. Even when I got into Draft horses.

deb

perchie.girl

Desert Dweller
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego county High Desert
I think it might be helpful to write a little about your point of view then, to even open a discussion about what you want to do. Sort of like a preface.

deb

Last edited:

Bunnylady

POOF Goes the Pooka
10 Years
Nov 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Oh, we're letting Sour take the heat? I'm cool.

But I have a little problem with the idea of horse handling as relationship advice. See, I have a mare; when I got her, every so often she'd reach over and nip at me. I'd smack her on the shoulder and yell when she did. Wasn't long before all I had to do was growl, "don't even think about it," and she'd straighten right up. I tried the same thing with my husband, but after 28 years, he still bites me! Is he just a slow learner, or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Top Bottom