Immediate crisis, abandoned egg, please help

Pics
Good Job Dona!
Now how to get that chick back with mama?
Read a great story about a similar situation, keeper picked up 1 broody chick, then put down 2 mama had no clue. Of course that requires a 'tame' mama that will let you handle her chicks without going too bonkers.
Fortunately, Sarah Jane is a gentle and docile hen. She lets me stroke her, hand feed her and handle her chicks without a fuss, plus she adopted the shipped chicks without hesitation!

Fortunately, Sarah Jane is a gentle and docile hen. She lets me stroke her, hand feed her and handle her chicks without a fuss, plus she adopted the shipped chicks without hesitation!
Great, should be easy then, I'd get chick out to her soon as possible.
How many other chicks does she have?

Eh, no biggie, you got thru it.
Should be easy to add the single to that many chicks!
How the chick doing this morning?
We had a small setback. I turned my back for TWO SECONDS and she tried to drown herself in 1/4 inch of water.
She's not terribly mobile yet, going to try taking the hobbles off over lunch and see how her legs look

Cookie has been safely reunited with her family, and after a rocky start where she refused to approach Sarah Jane-- who pecked at my hand and scared her-- she is fitting in perfectly with the rest. She is obviously a little frail still, but was too active and lonely to stay in that little box forever.
20190823_180224.jpg
20190823_142900.jpg
20190823_142915.jpg
20190823_142932.jpg
20190823_142012.jpg
20190823_155716.jpg

Back
Top Bottom