~Immortal Creatures~

ilovemysilkie

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Chapter 1 - The start of it all

The day had just begun. The sun was peaking through the big and beautiful fluffy clouds. Grace, who was 14, was still asleep. Her mind was filled with many thoughts. Some were good and some were bad. In the next room over, her mother had been up all night working on a project that her boss had given her the week before. Her father was rarely home, and when he was, he hardly ever stayed there. He would never tell anyone where he was going. Grace's mother remembered she hadn't checked on Grace for awhile. She walked down the short hall and opened her daughter's door carefully. She noticed that she was still asleep, so she closed the door and went back to her room. Grace's pet cat, Aspen, was sleeping on her belly. The scratching of her claws awoke the teenage girl. Her eyes peeled open as the bright sun peered through the window into her deep blue eyes. She yawned loudly, which made Aspen pad off her owners belly into her cat bed on the floor. Grace laughed. "Silly cat," she smiled. Grace slipped into her fuzzy slippers and opened her door. She walked down the short hall as she rubbed her eyes in the process. Went she arrived downstairs, her mother was in the kitchen making her famous chocolate chip pancakes. Grace smiled at her mother. "Good morning mom," she said to her. Grace's mother jumped at her daughters voice. "Good morning. You scared me," she laughed. Grace laughed and sat down at their kitchen table. Her mother reached into their beautiful maple wood cabinets and grabbed down a rainbow polka dot plate. She closed the cabinets and put it onto the table. Her mother turned off the stove as she heard her phone ring. She told Grace that she could ride her bike outside. Grace smiled and ran outside. As she began to ride her bike, Grace noticed a large fuzzy creature. She walked over to it to see what it was. As she stepped closer to it, it scratched her arm. She fell to the ground.

thumbsup.gif
I can't wait to see what happens next!!!

Chapter 2 - The Strange Marking
Grace's eyes peeled open. She awoke in a cold, hard bed. She looked over at a large blue chair, which her mother was sitting in. She looked ocnfused, she didn't know what was going on. "M-mom? Where am I?" she asked. Her mother smiled, glad to see that her daughter was awake. "The hospital," she stated. Grace's eyes widened. "What happened?" she asked her mother. Her mother rubbed Grace's head. "When I went outside to check on you, you were just laying on the ground. I called the doctor and they came to get you," she explained. Grace nodded as flash backs began to fill her mind. Jus then, she looked down at her arm. It had a star marking on it. She took her hand and covered it. "This is just like the marking in that book I read," she thought. Suddenly, there was a knock at her room door. The nurse opened the door to check on Grace. She walked over to the young girl's bed. "Hello, I'm Zoe and I will be your nurase today," she explained. Grace smiled and nodded. The nurse, Zoe, grabbed Grace's hand. "Are you hungry dear?" she asked. "Just a little," said Grace. Zoe nodded and handed Grace the breakfast menu. She looked at the menu for a couple of minutes until she decided what she wanted. "I'll have the blueberry pancakes," she said, The nurse nodded and took the menu. "Your meal will be here in about 15 minutes," she stated. Grace nodded. "Okay." Grace stared at the star marking on her arm. She thought of what it could mean. About 20 minutes past of her staring at this mark. The nurse walked through the door and handed Grace her food. Grace smiled and began eating as the nurse watched. Grace looked at her. "When can I leave?" she asked. The nurse smiled. "Around lunch time," she said to her. "Cool," said Grace. She finished her food and beeped for the nurse. The nurse took her food and left. Grace lay in her bed, watching the clock waiting for it to be time for her to leave. She decided that she would take a nap. Grace laid her head on her pillow and pulled the blanket over her head. She drifted to sleep. Grace was dreaming of everything that happened the day before. The sound of knocking on her door woke her up. It was the nurse. "Time to leave," the nurse told her. Grace smiled and jumped out of the bed, her curly blonde hair bounced with her. She grabbed her things and walked down the hall with her mother. They entered the elevator and went to the ground floor. They then walked outside and into Grace's Mother's mini van. They drove to their house. Grace was greeted by her cat, Aspen, at the door. She ran inside and laid on her bed. She grabbed the book that she saw her marking on and began reading it.

Back
Top Bottom