Impacted Crop, Egg Bound too?

@casportpony
Thank you. She seems to be completely healthy otherwise. She's eating fine, pooping fine, and drinking plenty of water. I think she has a droopy crop, so the contents may just be processing slower. She also seems to be a bit of a pig. She's always eating. We have them on a gravity feed system, so food is always available to her. The laying part is what I'm most worried about, seeing as that's why we have them in the first place. Are some chickens just NOT layers?? I got one whole egg out of her and the others lay daily. I'd really like to be sure there's nothing I can do before I re-home her. We are only allowed a certain number of chickens where I live, and if one is not producing, then I just can't keep her, unfortunately.
Thanks again! I absolutely LOVE this community. I've learned so much already!! <3

@ladyearth , the enrofloxacin from allbirdproducts is not injectable, so I didn't mention it.

-Kathy
I wished I had seen your comment before I sent for it from allbirdsproduct.com.
Dang I dint realize 25 ml so small amt. got the package in todays mail.
ordered 2 bottles cause in my hurry I didnt notice it wasnt injectible.
It would have been cheaper to have ordered the 100 ml bottle. DUH me
Im sorry not used to the metric system..
so does oral and injectable same amt of dosage ?
thanks

Last edited:
Quote: Oral or injectable same amount, and the amout most vets prescribe seem to be 0.045 ml per pound *twice* a day, so a five pound chicken would get 0.23 ml twice a day, which is just a little less than 1/4 ml. Please do get a one ml syringe and be 100% sure that you understand the dose before giving it.

-Kathy

I got whole box like I thought I mentioned but they have the needle and a short "snout". Needle doesnt remove easily. it not the "Luer lock" type unfortunately

I got whole box like I thought I mentioned but they have the needle and a short "snout". Needle doesnt remove easily. it not the "Luer lock" type unfortunately
Do you have a scale to weigh your birds? Please do not give Baytril unless you get an accurate weight. This drug is is not one that you can mess around with like you can with wormers.

-Kathy

yeah, I do but Hubby bought one that has a "bowl-glass" dang it like I mentioned. You would have to put a tray or something on it.So awkward. I wanted a flat one like yours what are the dimensions of your Taylor brand scale. surely its a kitchen scale... thank you

yeah, I do but Hubby bought one that has a "bowl-glass" dang it like I mentioned. You would have to put a tray  or something on it.So awkward. I wanted a flat one like yours what are the dimensions of your Taylor brand scale. surely its a kitchen scale... thank you

Mine is probably 6" x 8" or 8" x 10". Can you post a picture of your scale or tell me what model it is, then I can possibly come up with a way you can use it.

-Kathy

just like the same one on ebay 3842N-21
i am looking for a real nice one like seen at farmers mkt. etc prob used though. but def wont get a centrifuge that way over my head

Back
Top Bottom