Impacted crop, on all 3 hens HELP!

The oil should help the impacted crop break down and pass into the gizzard. You just give a few drops into the beak with a dropperI. I read another post of yours that you thought you may have cocci. Do they have any bloody poop? You can treat it with harkers coxoid. It is amprolium. ACV is good for a preventative. 20 ml per litre of water once a month. Yoghurt is great so long as it is natural. I mix some with oatmeal once in a while. They go crazy for it. It helps balance their intestinal health. I have a probiotic powder called entrodex that mixes with the water.
I used yoghurt they seem a bit more active now thanks for your help

This kind of thing just happened to me with my pullet. I made her throw up the first night and separated her from her sisters with no water or food. Every once in a while I would hold her on my lap and massage her crop, I had to make her vomit a couple more times that night. I checked her crop first thing in the morning. I let her out of the chicken hospital and watched her walk around to see what her behavior was like (tired, listless, puffed or head pulled in). I then gave her about a tablespoon of coconut oil unmelted. Massaged somemore. Checked her pen for signs of poo or vomit. That night I gave her a small amount of water. Next morning when I checked on her she was mad. Pecking at everything and just griping away at me because she was lonely, hungry, bored and thirsty. I made her a boiled egg yolk with coconut oil. She loved it. I massaged her crop again. in the afternoon, I gave her a probiotic yogurt and water with...about an eighth of a teaspoon of ACV I her water. Played with her and then Put her in. That night I took the food and water out of the chicken house and let Hilde spend the night wither her sisters. Next morning I checked all crops and then gave water with a probiotic and some grit and chicken food with water. This did fix her impacted crop, and her sour crop, but I had to take her to the vet because it seemed like her crop just would not empty on its own. We found out that she has a hernia, so nice I have to make my girl a bra, but she is out with her sisters. I hope this help, even a little.
Thank you for your help, really appreciate it

No worries. I had this problem a few weeks back. It can be worrying but with a little help and persuasion you can sort most things. There is alot of info out there, sometimes it's not all that good. If in doubt ask. I hope your hens will all sort out and be OK.:)

Back
Top Bottom