Impacted crop

cece31

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2016
Good evening everyone I have a few questions about impacted crops I have a two-week-old beautiful chicken she has a very swollen very large impacted crop she's still currently running around doing her chicken thing she still wants to eat still likes to drink I have tried massaging the crop the only thing that does for her is makes her open her beak like she's going to puke but nothing comes up she is going to the bathroom it's solid not runny I took the thought to separate her from the others tonight to make sure she doesn't eat more food I guess I don't know what else to do as far as helping it go down if you guys have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any and all of them please help me to help my little girl

She is on medicated crumble since she hatched I use electrolytes in her water she doesn't get treats because she's very young since I've been massaging her crop she has done two large poops she seems very calm when she gets the crop massage it seems like it's going down a bit but I'm still not going to offer food for the night

She is on medicated crumble since she hatched I use electrolytes in her water she doesn't get treats because she's very young since I've been massaging her crop she has done two large poops she seems very calm when she gets the crop massage it seems like it's going down a bit but I'm still not going to offer food for the night

I believe she is a Jersey Giant I have to older hens that have never had this issue I also have 12 other chicks all of them are Jersey Giants none of them have had this issue and they've all been hatched

Back
Top Bottom