Impossible colors and patterns

Quote:
black laced gold is a standard wyandotte color if I understand you right (gold laced wyandotte as well as the black version of a blue laced red) so not impossible.

Quote:
black laced gold is a standard wyandotte color if I understand you right (gold laced wyandotte as well as the black version of a blue laced red) so not impossible.

he was talking about the Lacing being Gold instead of Black...
wink.png

Quote:

he was talking about the Lacing being Gold instead of Black...
wink.png

Lacing that is Gold is possible, but Nobody I know is working on the Yet..

IMG_4521.jpg

Lacing that is dun is possible, but someone has got to explain to me how "gold" lacing is possible? Most birds I see out there with a similar patterning are just excess melanizer, mossiness, or color, such example like the excess color in a Birchen's chest, or the appearance of white or god lacing over the black on a Duckwing male's chest.

Quote:
That's what I'm talking about, one can take a simmilar bird and work from there...

Have you heard of the White Laced Black Wyandottes somebody was working aong time ago?(lacing that is white, based on silver)

Last edited:
Was thinkin this morning after visiting a friends place, about making silver laced black oegb. They have a couple birchen pullets that show lacing in the wing coverts, and all over the back. Take those and breed to a birchen cockbird that is overlaced, adn I think you could easily produce a gorgeous silver laced black oegb. Nicalandia, what is that gold lacing on, what kind of bird? Gorgeous. I have some gold laced, gold stippled, and pure gold brazilian fowl. Love it.

Quote:
Gold lacing is just that... Sex linked Gold(s+/s+)

Silver Lacing is that.... Sex linked Silver(S/S)

or are you talking about the white color of the Gold lacing hen in the pic? then I believe is Dominant white...

Last edited:
Quote:
Gold lacing is just that... Sex linked Gold(s+/s+)

Silver Lacing is that.... Sex linked Silver(S/S)

or are you talking about the white color? then I believe Dominant white...

So that bird is dominant white, but how did you get the gold lacing? Forgive me, Im not as up on genetics as carl...

Back
Top Bottom