In about 2-3 years, I'll be creating a new Breed of chicken called the Emerald Dragon.(Discussion)

What do you think about a new breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
@MysteryChicken there are some chickens who I cared for during a farming internship program when I was getting into chicken keeping that are now in need of new homes as with Covid there aren't enough people around to care for them all. One of them is a rooster named Valentine who I have already shown in this thread (but I will show again), that I believe could be of some value to this or one of your other breeding projects. You can have him if you can figure out a way to come get him from Albuquerque, New Mexico (I have no idea what shipping looks like for adult birds lol). I'd take him myself but I live in an area with flock size restrictions and I already have a rooster. He's a special rooster I can tell you that. Better to have the reassurance that his good looks will be passed onto the next generation rather than have some random stranger turn him into chicken pot pie at the first opportunity.

Attachments

• IMG_20191212_110227406.jpg
    IMG_20191212_110227406.jpg
    841.9 KB · Views: 13
@MysteryChicken there are some chickens who I cared for during a farming internship program when I was getting into chicken keeping that are now in need of new homes as with Covid there aren't enough people around to care for them all. One of them is a rooster named Valentine who I have already shown in this thread (but I will show again), that I believe could be of some value to this or one of your other breeding projects. You can have him if you can figure out a way to come get him from Albuquerque, New Mexico (I have no idea what shipping looks like for adult birds lol). I'd take him myself but I live in an area with flock size restrictions and I already have a rooster. He's a special rooster I can tell you that. Better to have the reassurance that his good looks will be passed onto the next generation rather than have some random stranger turn him into chicken pot pie at the first opportunity.
I would take him if I could. My dad drives around back, & forth from our house to grandpa's house where we keep our birds. He works 5 days a week, only has 2 days off. My brother works the same, 5 days a week, with 2 days off. Sometimes his schedule is wonky, but I have no way to travel that far. They work at Walmart.

I appreciate the offer though.

Would you be able to retain individual birds in a nest box? It would take some time, but you could mark the birds it isn't and then narrow it down
I gotta fix up the nesting box. It's more like a nesting board, which isn't very great. The lip of the nesting box broke off.

I was gonna use a few drops of food dye in their vents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom