In about 2-3 years, I'll be creating a new Breed of chicken called the Emerald Dragon.(Discussion)

What do you think about a new breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Oh, okay that's fair. Know anyone near you that is planning on ordering too? You can always combine orders. It's what I do so I don't have to get 25 birds when I only need 5 cause I refuse to just pay for a small order fee
No, I don't know anybody who will split an order with me. If I really have to pay a small order fee I will, even though I'll be paying more then I want too.

99% of the time, me, & my sister pays for chicken feed. We take turns filling the bin, & my dad rarely offers to buy some feed, & if he does, it's usually 1-2 bags.

Me, & my sister usually pay for 6 bags + 2 for turkeys, & other meat birds which is 9 bags total.

I'm using feed as an example.

I'm gonna be leaving soon to take care of the chickens.
I do wish I did know somebody who will split an order of chicks with me. It'll be really nice.

@MysteryChicken a quick search on google found a few places where you can order ayam cemani hatching eggs for around $6-15 an egg such as Dragonfly Farms, Gold Feather Farms, Cackle Hatchery (only sells per dozen at $159.96 per dozen), and Northwoods Poultry (Greenfire doesn't appear to sell them anymore instead opting for a cold hardier relative that sells for $99 a chick!).

@MysteryChicken a quick search on google found a few places where you can order ayam cemani hatching eggs for around $6-15 an egg such as Dragonfly Farms, Gold Feather Farms, Cackle Hatchery (only sells per dozen at $159.96 per dozen), and Northwoods Poultry (Greenfire doesn't appear to sell them anymore instead opting for a cold hardier relative that sells for $99 a chick!).
Greenfield sells chicks, but rarely does any eggs because if the risks. They do random auctions on eBay though sometimes

I'm getting 12 Saipans next spring which will help with sizing, & comb type.

I don't use Craigslist. But those prices are good.
Craigslist can be a hit or miss, but honestly if it's that hard to find ayam cemani from a local feed store it might be worth looking at craigslist post in your area and in nearby areas and ask any sellers where they source their birds from. Found 2 posts in my area one for some Roos that had slight imperfections in their breed standards ($50) and a couple hens from someone looking to "thin the herd" ($75).

That's alot of money for a dozen eggs.
It's okay, I won't worry about the Ayam Cemani. I'm gonna work with what I have, & if I win the lottery some day, I'll invest in some Ayam Cemani.

Craigslist can be a hit or miss, but honestly if it's that hard to find ayam cemani from a local feed store it might be worth looking at craigslist post in your area and in nearby areas and ask any sellers where they source their birds from. Found 2 posts in my area one for some Roos that had slight imperfections in their breed standards ($50) and a couple hens from someone looking to "thin the herd" ($75).
Those are good prices. $75 seems reasonable.

I might give Craigslist one time, but not this year at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom