In about 2-3 years, I'll be creating a new Breed of chicken called the Emerald Dragon.(Discussion)

What do you think about a new breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I'm now working on this very strange breed in my head...feathered feet and cochin body shape, black skin, single comb, and quite a long tail. I'll add a drawing to the post once it's done. I can't actually create this breed now, but may try it at some point.
Sounds good, & an interesting bird.

No not really. I don't know what I'm really going for at the moment just brainstorming. I'd like the chicken to have the crest that SOE has. The feathered feet from the maran and I'm stuck there.
It took me quite awhile to figure out what I want my breed to look like. You'll get there too.

I'm now working on this very strange breed in my head...feathered feet and cochin body shape, black skin, single comb, and quite a long tail. I'll add a drawing to the post once it's done. I can't actually create this breed now, but may try it at some point.
Update on this: I've decided to take away the black skin, but I would like a polish head poof. I want the hens to have long tails too, not just the roosters... I'm thinking maybe I'll do cochin, polish, and sumatra? Are sumatras fancy? I figure that I'll just keep it one color that breeds true. I'm thinking black...I could call it the Midnight __________
It would also be cool for it to lay blue eggs. Maybe I could use a legbar because they also have crest ish bits?
Edit: hmmm......if I wanted a truly black chicken i could do some ayam cemani in there...*me casually wanting to use all of the fancy chicken breeds for my imaginary breeding projects*

Last edited:
Update on this: I've decided to take away the black skin, but I would like a polish head poof. I want the hens to have long tails too, not just the roosters... I'm thinking maybe I'll do cochin, polish, and sumatra? Are sumatras fancy? I figure that I'll just keep it one color that breeds true. I'm thinking black...I could call it the Midnight __________
It would also be cool for it to lay blue eggs. Maybe I could use a legbar because they also have crest ish bits?
Edit: hmmm......if I wanted a truly black chicken i could do some ayam cemani in there...*me casually wanting to use all of the fancy chicken breeds for my imaginary breeding projects*
Yes, Sumatras are fancy.
Here's a Sumatra rooster from the internet.
unnamed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom