In about 2-3 years, I'll be creating a new Breed of chicken called the Emerald Dragon.(Discussion)

What do you think about a new breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Thinking about adding Sumatra to the Easter Egger side of the breed too.

Like I said I'm still brainstorming.

So it'll be: Silkie X Sumatra > Easter Egger X Brahma > Sumatra X Easter Egger.

So I'll breed Silkie/Sumatra, to Easter Egger/Brahma for about 2-3 generations, picking out the best type.

Breed: Sumatra/Easter Egger, to the offspring chosen from the 2-3 generation cross. It'll look like this: Silkie/Sumatra/EE/Brahma X Sumatra/EE. These will be bred for about 2-3 generations, only picking out the ones with best Body Type, Feathering, & Coloration.

The 2nd, 2-3 generation crosses picked out will be bred to Malay next, & this breeding will be the long term, with another possible cross with Easter Egger, & Sumatra to keep the blue egg gene, & the long feather genes. Green, or turquoise eggs are the goal, same with long feathers. The genes for black skin is a semi-dominant trait, so I'll only be selecting those too.

Example of a turquoise egg.
20210115_144553.jpg

that looks like. regular green egg from an easter egger. Both of them. Is the purpose of the new breed to get the look of a chicken you like, or the colour of egg? high egg production? dual purpose? What is the reason/goal?
I was talking about the one on the right.

The goal is a fancy, meaty, green egg layer. I'd say not a high Production layer, I want it to have a less of the risk of reproductive disease.

Turquoise is Blue Green, not exactly green, & not exactly blue. Basically just just smacked dab in the middle.
Screenshot_20210304-085701_Chrome.jpg
Hard to find a good picture for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom