In an emergency, is it safe to eat the geese at my local park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

juan76

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2020
Cause I mean, they eat a lot of filthy garbage and swim in what can only charitably be called a pond. But if the world ends and I have no food I have to assume they'll look pretty good. Do I just have to cook them really well? Or are there other butcher things I'd have to know to have a safe eating experience?

Cause I mean, they eat a lot of filthy garbage and swim in what can only charitably be called a pond. But if the world ends and I have no food I have to assume they'll look pretty good. Do I just have to cook them really well? Or are there other butcher things I'd have to know to have a safe eating experience?
Get some backyard chickens and start a little farm with a rooster so you can hatch your own food and know exactly what it’s fed. But no, do not eat wild geese; as the above poster stated you’ll get in serious trouble, not to mention all the crazy PETA nut bags that will probably harass you for life.

Get some backyard chickens and start a little farm with a rooster so you can hatch your own food and know exactly what it’s fed. But no, do not eat wild geese; as the above poster stated you’ll get in serious trouble, not to mention all the crazy PETA nut bags that will probably harass you for life.

'PETA'? Please specify?

You'll need to kill it, [scald it], pluck it, remove the neck/head/legs, and will need to gut it. Then you cook it. Rule of thumb for most birds.

'PETA'? Please specify?
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They are an organization that takes protection of animals to an extreme. Before people jump all over me yes I realize that they do many wonderful things for animals. It’s just my opinion that they go too far with their campaigns and making people feel bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom