In LOCKDOWN! WE HAVE A PIPS! Pics added pg. 2

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Another piped and zipped and came out in like 15 minutes this morning!

so 2 are out and the 4 remaining eggs have all pipped!!!

Althought 2 piped yesterday and no progress....YET...

I am at work now and wont be home till like 9 so i hope that they will be ok!

fl.gif

Good luck you guys

Suppose I should get in on the act!
cool.png

Today is Day 21 for me also. My progress is slower than yalls apparently. I've got 7 eggs, have seen 6 wiggle, with 1 pip as of 2.5 hours ago! I had trouble with my bator during the incubation so I assume this is the reason mine are a bit slow. I've got 2 WLH, 4 Delaware, & 1 mystery egg (guessing RIR). I've seen all but 1 egg wiggle so I assume they're okay.

I incubated for 18 days with eggs in carton, at day 18 I layed them out on their sides. Will this have any effect on them?

I've read multiple publications, raided the local library pre incubation, that state a humidity of 80% is desired at hatch time. Why the differences? Mine has been between 78-80 for the past couple days.

Roll Tide,
Phillip

Ps is there a thread where I can read about what happens during the hatching process. The logistics of what goes on inside the egg? Yea I'm a nerd that way!

So 4 are out and in the brooder!

1 more piped and had her egg crushed when one of the one who had hateched and was drying stepped on it! and that chick died shortly after due probably to all of the blood!

the final egg piped and died... i opened it up and the chick was fully formed

Why would a chick pip and then die?

So for my first hatch, 4 out of 6 lived...not bad for my first try plenty of room for improvement!

Quote:
I have two that pipped and zipped and now no movement. Five other eggs I can't see what is going on. I have five chicks crowding the bator and moving the rest of the eggs around. Should I take the chicks out and put them in a brooder? I heard you shouldn't open up the bator until all are hatched out or three days.

Back
Top Bottom