in my tree ??

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by the1much, Oct 1, 2008.

1. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

hehe,, the other day bout dinner time, my roo was going "ape" over something,, so out i went, looked around, and kept hearing this high pitched scream,,,, guess what was in my tree? a bird,,,lol,,, a COOL bird,, after hoseing him a bit, and lots of pleads, he came down close nuff for me to get my net around him , brought him inside, put him in my dog crate, and MAN did he PIG out, and drank what seemed to be a gallon of water.
    now theres history here with me and birds,, ive caught 4 or 5 parakeets here, and found them all cool homes ( inside birds bother my eyes) well ,, this 1 if an owner dont show up is MINE!!
    went got him a real cage yesterday, and found out what he was,,,, a lilac crowned amazon .
    he is great, only bites me a little hard, but already knows what NO means lol,, heres a quick pic , i know he aint a chicken so not that many interested in seeing his ugly mug LOL [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    He's cute!!

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

THANKS [​IMG] ,, i got looking online,, he's lucky i didnt have to buy him, ive seen from 250 bucks all the way to 800 ,, for tha same kind of bird,,, is awful prices lol.

4. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Lilac Crowns at our store go for $1400. Good find. You should get it DNA sexed so if you know if it is a male or female. And clip its wings...lol

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    cool!!..[​IMG]....i'm glad you caught him, now he'll be safe!..awesome!..what'cha gonna name him?

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Why don't I ever find something like him!!

7. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

i would def clip the wings!
    does he she talk?
    hope u get 2 keep he she .
    i have 2 double yellow head amazons. they are great !!!

8. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aw! What a cutie! Wish I found animals like this as well! Lucky You!

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    The only parrot type bird I ever found was a little parakeet.[​IMG]

10. CrowinKing

CrowinKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Ya I'd clip his wings as well!!! He escaped from someone else and he'd prob try it again!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by