In rooster language, what does this mean??

This thread is so good for me right now. We are presently trying to deal with a flogging Drake. We raised 10 for my FIL to restock his tanks and yard. Of the 10 most are so sweet and come when they are called. One drake has now taken it upon himself to try to push us humans around. My FIL wouldn't approve of sending this drake across the yard with a big boot, so I have instructed all the kids to pick him up and hold him tight and go on about your business. You see, they love to come visit our side of the ranch in the morning during chore time. So far it seems to have lessened his attacks. My oldest has plans though. He likes to go after you while you are on horse back and did so with her the very first time a couple of weeks ago. She was riding her pony and he even went after the poor pony's legs. Thank God she sees the duck as a pesky critter and not a booger. She says next time she is getting off and picking up that drake and taking him riding. I told her I will run for the camera for that one. LOL I am hoping we win this battle as the soup pot isn't an option for us. Got to respect my FIL.

i have a old blind roo,, big one,,, and he's in with my babies when there in the pen, when people come to buy 1, and want to go in the pen, i put him in his coop and close the door,, if he hears a chick screaming from being picked up, he'll head towards the noise, and WHATEVER he runs into, he BITES! with authority!!
if the people are out of the pen and its just me,, i leave him out, and he comes for me when hearing the screams for help, i stick my boot out, and let him be as mean as he wants, and he goes till i say " its alright" then i PRAISE him, i get him so excited he tries to bully me,, and i push him around with my foot, he attacks it,, and the WHOLE time i tell him "good boy",, but he KNOWS when i say "alright" that it ALL STOPS,,
i like making him feel like a REAL roo,, and you can see he's proud of himself!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Now that is a great idea for your old guy. I think all animals can get depressed if their life changes and they become disabled in some way. He is probably worth his weight in gold to you protecting those chicks. I once had a half blind horse and so many people told me to put her down. She ended up being my little gem working around the ranch. I can just picture that roo going after your boot! LOL

it is funny,, if you know whats happening,, some people see it and think him or me is being mean,,lol,, i just laugh at em.
and he is the BEST babysitter!! them chicks jump all over him,pick him, ride on his back,,lol,, and like you said,, he is worth his weight in gold!, i dont worry bout the babies anymore, i dont even have to look till i hear him growl,,,and then i KNOW something is wrong.
and i bet that horse of yours was 1 of ya best,,, the "special needs" animals always seem to be the best
wink.png

I have one of those unpredictable roosters. He doesn't bother me at all. My six year daughter doesn't turn her back on him and when my 2 year son is outside he has to stay in the run....which makes him crazy!! He has actually taken my son down and we can't have that....but I still love him. I just have to be careful. It's just the way roos are.

Back
Top Bottom