In rooster language, what does this mean??

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
Today my daughter went out to let the Orps out of their pen to free range around and all of a sudden my smaller roo ran over to her and scratched her leg. is this flogging? And What should I do if he does it again? He is only about 6-7 months old. My cochin roo is a big sweetie and has NEVER done anything like that! We hold them both a lot, so they are friendly, but all of a sudden just this one is being a butt head!

We spent a lot of time with our roo when he was a chick...and yet he is now the "killer roo from hell". We have had to separate him from the girls because he would attack us every time we got close to them.

I think its just in their makeup...and to have a happy friendly roo is a real blessing.

Quote:
I spent oodles of time with my roo when he was young and that turned out to be a big part of my problem. Roosters don't understand friendship and love. They understand dominance. You have to dominate them and then they can be a happy, though standoffish roo. Doesn't work for all roosters, but it's worth a shot.

Quote:
I spent oodles of time with my roo when he was young and that turned out to be a big part of my problem. Roosters don't understand friendship and love. They understand dominance. You have to dominate them and then they can be a happy, though standoffish roo. Doesn't work for all roosters, but it's worth a shot.

i had a similar problem because I didnt want him to be mean and even as a chick he was curious about me. It didnt take me long to set him straight.

Oh these success postings are good to read. Im just two days into my rooster boot camp. I sure never thought Id be using these techniques on my Chickie. Thanks for posting the link to that article. Im going to use the holding up side down option very sparingly now.

Back
Top Bottom