In search of….

Oh, yes! Her flying nun ears - haha! That's Sunshine. She's 130 lbs of scaredy cat.
Next thing you know I’m gonna end up with goats with all the cuteness. My mom has tried talking me into it for months now. Im not against it, just means husband would have to build another house. And I had a hard time talking him into ducks. Well not really once I told him a lady wasn’t far away and he seen them and fell hard. 😂 I think I will wait until he has his garage 🤣

I added to my ducks. 🤦‍♀️ I know I know but I couldn’t resist. These guys needed as many duckies they were familiar with right?

Ok ok well maybe not a big deal but that is my excuse and it worked on my husband.

I believe that they are Blue Fawn calls. I put the ones we had at first in with the newer ones in the tote that I brought the newer ones in. It worked out well so I could clean up the mess the ones we already had, had made. The ones circled in blue in the first one is new.

Attachments

• AC6A752B-054F-4E94-845D-101060A0233D.jpeg
    AC6A752B-054F-4E94-845D-101060A0233D.jpeg
    746.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DF2E6F20-A17A-4D87-BDAE-95EE97509D6C.jpeg
    DF2E6F20-A17A-4D87-BDAE-95EE97509D6C.jpeg
    582.3 KB · Views: 1
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lau

Welcome to Duckaholics Anonymous. We have tea and quackers!
Happy to be here. 😁 thank you for the warm welcome 😂. It was supposed to be 6, per my husband telling me my limit. But then turned 8 because my husband fell for their cuteness. Then turned 12 because I was just seeing what he would say about getting their siblings so they had their family and he said “ok”. That’s it “ok”. Then it was “we can get them tomorrow, just message her” WHAT??? 😱 I gave it until this morning and asked if he was serious (and not playing along) and he was! So yep in 2 hours after confirmation from him, I had 4 more.

Yes I have a problem with cuteness!! If anyone says anything, I will tell them it’s better than another kid lol 😂 I have 6 of them little buggers.

It started Innocently enough, with only three... Then we got three more. This was fine, until I found the Livestock section of the online want ads. I had discovered the ultimate! The noble MUSCOVY! Soon, four of those graced our duckyard.

That was it. That was supposed to be it. That was what we had agreed to, and we would let them reproduce naturally. But disaster struck! We lost four 'regulars', and the Muscovy drake shot blanks! The one remaining duck only hatched out three peepers. Their numbers were too low! This was not enough!

With shame, I turned to the Livestock section once more. THERE! More adorable-ness! Soon, the six new 'scovies filled the yard with their peeps and chirps! But it wasn't enough, and I needed more. Always more!

I turned to more exotic flavours. I wanted chocolate, and silver, and lavender! Barred and rippled, and pied! The 'regulars' were forgotten in my search for more refined highs. The 'scovy numbers increased steadily, the original four now seventeen!

My family intervened. Or tried to! My daughter said "NO MORE!" but she couldn't refuse when presented with FREE. Sure, they weren't 'scovies, but they were still ducks! And the Cayuga needed more ladies. Right? RIGHT!?! They get here on Monday.

(Hangs head in shame, but also to hide a manic grin)

My name is Wind, and I AM A DUCKAHOLIC!

It started Innocently enough, with only three... Then we got three more. This was fine, until I found the Livestock section of the online want ads. I had discovered the ultimate! The noble MUSCOVY! Soon, four of those graced our duckyard.

That was it. That was supposed to be it. That was what we had agreed to, and we would let them reproduce naturally. But disaster struck! We lost four 'regulars', and the Muscovy drake shot blanks! The one remaining duck only hatched out three peepers. Their numbers were too low! This was not enough!

With shame, I turned to the Livestock section once more. THERE! More adorable-ness! Soon, the six new 'scovies filled the yard with their peeps and chirps! But it wasn't enough, and I needed more. Always more!

I turned to more exotic flavours. I wanted chocolate, and silver, and lavender! Barred and rippled, and pied! The 'regulars' were forgotten in my search for more refined highs. The 'scovy numbers increased steadily, the original four now seventeen!

My family intervened. Or tried to! My daughter said "NO MORE!" but she couldn't refuse when presented with FREE. Sure, they weren't 'scovies, but they were still ducks! And the Cayuga needed more ladies. Right? RIGHT!?! They get here on Monday.

(Hangs head in shame, but also to hide a manic grin)

My name is Wind, and I AM A DUCKAHOLIC!
🤣 🤣🤣

Oh man 🤦‍♀️…I know I’m not done either. (Also hangs head) I want some Black East Indies. I did want the Cayuga but I didn’t know how well they would do with Calls. So with that said, Black East Indies I’m wanting. Though I wanted them with my Calls, but my Calls came first and the Black East Indies will have to wait. I would love ducklings, just having a hard time finding them. Granted that they are out of season to find babies but I have been looking where to find them for when it is time. BUT I WONT GIVE UP! 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you, I’m FBM and I’m a Duckahalic

I ordered 4, but told hubby I ordered 3 and that the hatcheries often add extras. That's when I knew I had a problem. Then 5. Now just 6, but I'm in the works to get a 7th. I want more, but I'm also battling other addictions: chickenholicism and goataholicism.

It really all started with the chickens. They're the gateway.

Back
Top Bottom