In semi urgent need of a Silkie hen or young bantam hen

I have a problem, I had three silkies. The male who was supposed to be a hen turned nasty and attacked one of my hens, giving her crook neck, so needless to say he was sent away. Snowflake started to come out of it, but then she died when we lost power during the snow storm in November. So now I have just my one Silkie hen Winter left.
She is so submissive that all the other Bantam's pick on her viciously, rip out feathers, drag her across the pen by her head...
I now have her inside, I have a little coop for her to go into for the summer, but it is not fit for winter use and there is no way I am loosing her!!!
But!
She is now starting to get depressed (I thought you guys were joking when you said they get depressed) being all by her self, and my constant company does not seem to be working. She gets all excited when she hears the other chickens, so I think she just misses poultry companionship.
I have been stalking craigslist and Backyard chicken, but so far nothing, or nothing that someone else hasn't already jumped on has been available.
I need a hen, any hen that wont beat the living daylights out of my poor Winter and who can keep her company downstairs until spring when i can put her out in the other coop.
I am desperate! I dont care what it is, as long as it is healthy and wont hurt Winter!
Can anyone please help me, I cant loose her also!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 silkies 2 hens and one not sure if it's a hen or roosters it's about 5 months old a grayish blue colored showgirl, a partridge non bearded hen and a blue sizzle hen about 5 months old. If you may be interested in them let me know I can ship and I have pictures of them.

Quote:
I would love to see pictures!
How much would shipping be?

Shipping generally runs between $25 and $60 depending on location and weight. Then there is usually an extra box fee added.

Back
Top Bottom