Increase in electric bill after running incubator?

oh yes! Check the usage on your electronics..tells you exactly how much they use...some are minimal while others suck you dry!

Our incubators are low voltage. Haven't gotten a bill since we started incubating, but my husband did some preliminary calculations and said it should be minimal. Will have to check!!

My electric bill went down the past two months due to not running the AC since it is now winter and I am keeping the thermostat turned down low. We are all electric. I ran the incubator for weeks trying to get it set before I got eggs and I have two batches less than 6 weeks old with heat lamps in two different locations. So I cannot say that I have seen an increase in usage of electricity running an incubator and heat lamps.

I switched to an EcoGlow to save money over running my heat lamp. I do notice an increase (eta: in usage) from running the incubator, but it's not had a noticeable impact on the monthly bill (budget plan.)

Last edited:
Yes, of course. It is similar to leaving a heating appliance on. Heat lamps, when brooding?? OH yes. Have to figure the cost of electricity into this whole chicken thing.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom