Increase in electric bill after running incubator?

Quote:
ep.gif
th.gif
Oh my! That's insane! I'll stop complaining about mine now.
hugs.gif
I'd be in trouble if I had to pay that.
hide.gif

lets see...normally its only 200 or so, this one was a shock. We moved the hot tub into the basement, which wouldn't make a difference, since it has been set upfor aawhile now(early summer).
heat lamp in the chicken run, heated dog dish for the ducks. Had the tent trailer hooked up to charge for a few days, but nothing that should have jacked it up this high.
Oh, yeah, there is something. The pellet stove quit working so been stuck using the electric heat. thats the issue

Electric heat would do it!

Rest of the stuff is small potatoes.

Quote:
lets see...normally its only 200 or so, this one was a shock. We moved the hot tub into the basement, which wouldn't make a difference, since it has been set upfor aawhile now(early summer).
heat lamp in the chicken run, heated dog dish for the ducks. Had the tent trailer hooked up to charge for a few days, but nothing that should have jacked it up this high.
Oh, yeah, there is something. The pellet stove quit working so been stuck using the electric heat. thats the issue

Electric heat would do it!

Rest of the stuff is small potatoes.

The pellet stove will be fixed this year. In the past 3 yrs its had two new fans and a new. Mother board yet here er are not working again. It wont stay lit. Its dropping pellets nicely but it Burns out

I run a Sportsman to incubate in and styrofoams for hatching. We had some cold weather for a few days and my incubators were running a little cool so I turned on the heat in the room I have my incubators in at night. My bill did go up too.

I won't re-do the math, but running a 250Watt brooding lamp, 24/7 is $25 a month for me to run, at our electric rates. 18 cents a Kilowatt, if I remember correctly. Had to run two lamps last March, as it was unusually cold. That is $50 a month, or $75 to brood out that batch. Yikes.

Haven't done the math on the 3 dog dish heaters running now, but perhaps $20 a month, or more? Likely.

To me? Just me? Electricity is not an insignificant expense and yes, we keep books, as this is a registered farm. Had to figure that into the expense of those birds.

We live out in a rural area and our electric company raises the rates in the winter. Our bill is almost twice as high as normal during the months of November, December, January, and sometimes February. They do this every year, we don't have any other choice right now for another company, but hopefully we will pretty soon.

Quote:
It is the same where I live
somad.gif
I run a sportsman cabinet bator and perhaps I am in denial or just don't remember not paying for it's usage
lau.gif
but even with the bator running and heat lamps for the brooders my bill stays around 120
celebrate.gif
If it were much higher I know my hubby would try to put his foot down
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom