Incubating a go

Apr 6, 2018
I read somewhere saw some pictures that this circle means there is bacteria in the egg and it's not gonna grow or hatch and might explode? These eggs are 8 days in to incubators.
20190507_150611.jpg
20190507_150743.jpg
I have a few that look like this while other look like this..
20190507_150929.jpg
20190507_150658.jpg
so I am guessing it's true? Any advice or confirmation that this is in fact true?
3 out of 30 have a ring like that so if this is true I'd like to get them out as soon as possible..dont want a mess

I haven't heard this bacteria stuff before.
:confused:

I don't know if it's just the photo quailty or if the eggs really don't look too good for day 8.

Are you seeing strong veins?
Are the embryos moving?

When you wiggle the egg gently does the insides move freely?

I haven't heard this bacteria stuff before.
:confused:

I don't know if it's just the photo quailty or if the eggs really don't look too good for day 8.

Are you seeing strong veins?
Are the embryos moving?

When you wiggle the egg gently does the insides move freely?

So most of them are like moving and wiggle freely...swear I saw a heart beating or at least that's what it looked like and this picture chat thing is where I heard the word bacteria ring.
Screenshot_20190507-174309_Chrome.jpg

I only see 3 that dont do that freely wiggle thing. And the first two in my pictures just looked odd to me... the second two where a few I thought where ok. This is my first incubation so I am.just trying to learn which is bad ya know

When I say move freely I mean if you barely move the egg if the insides just rotate freely like...shoot...I'm having trouble explaining.

Hold.
Let me think of a different way to say it.

if the inside is moving freely when you wiggle the egg then that's usually not a good sign.

If you're holding the egg real still and you see something move on its own that's good.

When I say move freely I mean if you barely move the egg if the insides just rotate freely like...shoot...I'm having trouble explaining.

Hold.
Let me think of a different way to say it.

if the inside is moving freely when you wiggle the egg then that's usually not a good sign.

If you're holding the egg real still and you see something move on its own that's good.
When I was candling them it wiggled just a bit when i was rotating. I did it slowly. And when I watch for a while it looks like the darkest spot is beating like a heart.

I have another batch in another incubator as well that I just did yesterday so waiting to candle those.
Just hoping more hatch then when I left them under momma bird last year. She had only two that hatched sadly or I'd have left them with her.

My bantam eggs started out with what looked like a circle, but after a few days it changed to be solid veins with a little black eye. It almost seems like shadows to me when I am really looking at it under a candler. I would let it be for a while unless it smells or changes drastically.

Back
Top Bottom