Incubating and brooding Impeyan chicks

They also need to be Ina screen pen so mosquitoes can't get to them as they are susepticle to West Nile.They do love to dig but don't seem to try and dig out.
In N.H.,Tony.I'm back
What kind of screen do you buy and where do you get it? How long do they need to be in a screened pen? Thanks

Just regular screen door screen.Cover the entire pen so no mosquitoes can get in.Home Depot,Lowe's any hardware store should carry it.At least until they are adult size.
What breeds do you raise?

You wouldn't happen to have an extra brown eared Male would you?
Hey Tony, I don't! They don't do well down here. I know someone that does have them here but they won't sell any of them...they spend all summer long putting ice blocks in front of a fan to keep them cool. That's just a bit more work than I want to do! ;) she complains about it all the time but won't sell them to someone that could take better care of them, better facilities. :rolleyes:

Well are they at least breeding them?I had a male for 6 years bought 2 hens 3 years ago both died.bought another she died within a week she was not in good shape when I got her.now I bought another hen and he dies.maybe it's a hint but I'm to stubburn to give up
I think she's tried but hasn't had much success. When I first met her she didn't even know what they were!!! She just knew they were 'brown pheasants' :lol: Yeah, I've had similar problems here too! That stupid Yellow Golden male I have and spent years breeding a deep, rich color to their plumage, winds up killing almost every hen I try to breed with it. :barnietoo aggressive!

Back
Top Bottom