Incubating buddy wanted!

Quote:
That is what my gut was saying, so I haven't opened it at all. I heard some peeping this morning and saw movement...just waiting and biting my fingernails. Is it bad to be this early???

I don't think it's bad. Babies come when they're ready. Remember it takes a while from internal pipping to being totally out. It was around 40 hours from internal pipping to when my first duckling made it out. So, it may not be that early by the time everything is said and done.

Traci

What's happening now?? I want an update!!
smile.png

Traci

Thank you for hanging in there with me Traci!!
hugs.gif
I went out after lunch and just got back about a half hour ago to discover two more eggs had externally pipped!! I can hear more peeping coming from the incubator and my feisty first one is still moving around when I talk to him (her? lol)

Feeling nervous and excited...have you ever seen Armageddon??

Oscar says "Great, I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out."
wink.png

Amy

I have two internal pips this morning when I did a last check of the eggs. So I am a bit behind you- but I thought it wouldn be too far off when you first started this thread.

Lol to the reference of Armageddon - I love that movie- but have never compared any of the lines in the movie to what I feel when hatching- It can have you nervous and on the egde of your seat though. Hearing them peep from in the egg is pretty incredible though isnt it??

I think I've seen Armageddon, but it's been a long time. Hearing them peep inside the shell is the most awesome thing though. It gets me feeling all maternal.
smile.png
I can't wait to see everybody's baby ducklings!

Traci

I'm going to have to find another incubator buddy. I had mine cleaned out about half an hour on Saturday before I put more eggs in it!
gig.gif
I am really taking a chance on these. They've been in my fridge for at least a month and the parents are both dead. I just got kinda crazy and thought, well, what's the worst that can happen? I'm trying really hard to not candle before day 10.

Traci

Quote:
Awesome Ducky! Yes...I love hearing them peep...it is so cute.
love.gif
We are going to have babies soon! I'm so glad to be doing this with others.

Quote:
You are too funny!!! I don't know if I could go through the stress again so soon. But having those little babies had got to make you want to do it again.
jumpy.gif

We can hear lots of peeping and tapping this morning. My first pipper hasn't done any zipping yet...I'd say it's been almost 36 hours?? I can't stand all of this nervous waiting...two more external pips this morning. One pip is actually a hole with a few little pieces of egg on the incubator floor. It is in the air cell, but on the underside of the egg. Should I turn it right side up with a straw?

Had a death in the family and have been driving all over the state last two days. Still thinking of you and your duckies. What's up today?

Back
Top Bottom