Incubating calls--Day 27--Now What??

Get yourself some warm water and a qtip, every two hours you need to wet around the shell inside, you don't want to go into the shell where the yolk is. Just on the edge to keep the shell from sticking to him. The one that is out the one on the right flip him get him on his feet so he can finish kicking the shell off, he should be ok but left alone. You don't want to wet him you need that vent to shrink up. So let him do this thing., now the one ethos have in his shell that'd the one you will want to wet on the edge of the shell. You said you on day 27, if you haven't done so make all of them safe holes then give them 24 hours, they need more time, they haven't absorbed all there blood...give them safe homes so they don't run out of air,

The hole is to be small no bigger then the tip of a pen point. Anything bigger they will shrink wrap...

When I took the first picture, the baby was kicking out of the egg. Shortly after, it rolled back on its tummy and separated from the egg. It moves and peeps, then rests. Why would the vent be swelled?

I have air. The temp was set at 99.5 and humidity between 50-55%, 65% at lockdown. I use automatic turner. This is my first time hatching calls.

Lacrystol, I put an air hole in the rest of the eggs. Thank you so much for your help. I will keep you posted.

When I took the first picture, the baby was kicking out of the egg. Shortly after, it rolled back on its tummy and separated from the egg. It moves and peeps, then rests. Why would the vent be swelled?

Vents always swell especially if you intervene.. Nothing to worry about it will go down. Never seen a call duck die of a swelled up vent, yolk yes but usually not with vents swollen.

Last edited:
Lacrystol, I put an air hole in the rest of the eggs. Thank you so much for your help. I will keep you posted.

Ok good, give them 24 hours with calls they are a little bit tricky, remember the one you have curled up you will need to keep the edge of the shell wet, he'll be out when he's ready..

Last edited:
With one out they all may make progress now, it's kind of like dominos,, the competition is on now. Lol... Let me know tomorrow if there's any progress. Hopefully there will be..

Back
Top Bottom