Incubating ducks for the first time

Attachments

• 15565793725591682405388947636217.jpg
    15565793725591682405388947636217.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 32
The plastic pieces are probably so you can add water in the beginning but still keep humidity low for the early days. But it seems to me that removing them would be more hassle than just adding water when the time comes. I’ve never seen a styrofoam incubator with a plastic liner. Try filling all the channels without the plastic and see how high the humidity goes.

Do I see plastic covers over some of the channels?
If so, I would assume those are restricting the humidity. 30-40% is fine to start, but you will need to figure out how to get it much higher for the final 3 days. If those are covers over the channels, take them out and check it again.

Otherwise, if the channels are all full, your gage has to be off, or you don’t have a good seal between the top and bottom, or a window is letting it out. Vent holes should be open.
The plastic pieces are probably so you can add water in the beginning but still keep humidity low for the early days. But it seems to me that removing them would be more hassle than just adding water when the time comes. I’ve never seen a styrofoam incubator with a plastic liner. Try filling all the channels without the plastic and see how high the humidity goes.

I reset with out the plastic. Will see in the morning^^

I've got a brand new hova-bator which is stryofoam and has a plastic liner. Here is a picture I just took of the instructions about putting water in the plastic tray. I hope you can see it good enought to read it. There are 4 troughs in the clear plastic liner which is hard to see in this picture
IMG_0247.JPG
fullsizeoutput_337f.jpeg

Update:
Humidity has now dropped to 25%. I have no clue what is wrong going to drive my happy self 3 hours to buy a newer one.

Any idea how long the fertilized eggs will be ok? They havent been put in the fridge they are at what is room temp in our house. This will be day 4 indoors for the eggs.

So I filled trough#1 and I couldn't get the humidity down below 65% so I soaked up all the water in the trough with a paper towel. Now it's at 44% so I added a bit of water. I'm sure it will even out......I hope!

Back
Top Bottom