Incubating Ducks ready at different times

KDee

In the Brooder
May 7, 2021
I put 5 eggs in the incubator…1 hatched about 29 hours ago, 2 more hatched about 10-11 hours ago and the last two haven’t even pipped yet. The first duckling has been running around all over pecking at the sides and peeping like crazy, also trying to drink the condensation off the walls…the three are all fluffy and dry now, should I quickly open it and take them out? Or do I have to leave them another day until the other two eggs hatch? We’re just at day 28 now…The eggs that hatched first were a few days older than the ones who haven’t yet…I’m just worried about leaving the older ones in for too long without food - another day would have the first one at more than 48 hours.

I put 5 eggs in the incubator…1 hatched about 29 hours ago, 2 more hatched about 10-11 hours ago and the last two haven’t even pipped yet. The first duckling has been running around all over pecking at the sides and peeping like crazy, also trying to drink the condensation off the walls…the three are all fluffy and dry now, should I quickly open it and take them out? Or do I have to leave them another day until the other two eggs hatch? We’re just at day 28 now…The eggs that hatched first were a few days older than the ones who haven’t yet…I’m just worried about leaving the older ones in for too long without food - another day would have the first one at more than 48 hours.
Take them out! Don't worry about opening the incubator. I open mine all the time, and I have yet to lose a baby due to that.

Take them out! Don't worry about opening the incubator. I open mine all the time, and I have yet to lose a baby due to that.
Thank you, I did, and they have all hatched and are happy! It was a full 3 days between the first one that hatched and the last.

Back
Top Bottom