Incubating eggs with Brinsea Ecoglow?

Chicks 'n ducks

Songster
Jan 23, 2018
Northern Colorado
I have tried incubating eggs twice before in a tiny, cheap incubator from China. None hatched. We decided to buy chicks who are currently using a brinsea ecoglow20 brooder heater. I was wondering if it is possible to incubate eggs under this? It keeps the temp really stable- has anyone tried this?

ChickenCanoe

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Nov 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Would you be able to control humidity, turn eggs frequently and keep the temp at a steady 99.5 at the midpoint of the egg? If so, it would work.

Are you sure it was the incubator's fault? I have hatched from time to time in a cheap little giant incubator and each time I swear, "Never Again!"
It doesn't hold a steady temperature.
But as I said, If you can control humidity, turning and temperature, you can hatch in anything from a bucket to a bra.
If you have accurate calibrated thermometers, that is the primary reason for success or failure.

Last edited:

Yorkshire Coop

Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Aug 16, 2014
I have not tried it with my eco glows and I’m afraid I wouldn’t. For me there would be far too many variants both with temperature and humidity. Also little way to control these.

If you do give it a try your results will be interesting to read about.

WVduckchick

🐓🦆 For the Birds! 🦆🐓
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Feb 9, 2015
West Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
The only way that I could conceive using it would be to enclose it in a small tote, just big enough to fit the brooder plate in. Put the eggs under it. You would need to drill some holes in the tote for ventilation.

:idunno but I agree with YC, would be interesting to see.

Top Bottom