Incubating eggs with Brinsea Ecoglow?

Chicks 'n ducks

Songster
Jan 23, 2018
Northern Colorado
I have tried incubating eggs twice before in a tiny, cheap incubator from China. None hatched. We decided to buy chicks who are currently using a brinsea ecoglow20 brooder heater. I was wondering if it is possible to incubate eggs under this? It keeps the temp really stable- has anyone tried this?

Would you be able to control humidity, turn eggs frequently and keep the temp at a steady 99.5 at the midpoint of the egg? If so, it would work.

Are you sure it was the incubator's fault? I have hatched from time to time in a cheap little giant incubator and each time I swear, "Never Again!"
It doesn't hold a steady temperature.
But as I said, If you can control humidity, turning and temperature, you can hatch in anything from a bucket to a bra.
If you have accurate calibrated thermometers, that is the primary reason for success or failure.

Last edited:
I have not tried it with my eco glows and I’m afraid I wouldn’t. For me there would be far too many variants both with temperature and humidity. Also little way to control these.

If you do give it a try your results will be interesting to read about.

The only way that I could conceive using it would be to enclose it in a small tote, just big enough to fit the brooder plate in. Put the eggs under it. You would need to drill some holes in the tote for ventilation.

:idunno but I agree with YC, would be interesting to see.

Back
Top Bottom