incubating eggs with no luck

game chicken

Hatching
9 Years
Nov 30, 2010
i'm having trouble hatching out eggs and dont know what im doing wrong all eggs put in the incubator are fertile they are game eggs and at 10 days there seems to be a bacteria ring in every one my incubator is set at 98 degrees have 60 plus humidity some eggs will start but die in the shell what do i need to do any help please thanks

I would say clean the bator out really well. Is it a still air incubator? temp should be 101 I have heard unless u have a fan then it should be 99.5. I think your humiditiy is too high to begin with but if I am wrong someone will let ya know. Good Luck in the future!
thumbsup.gif

Sorry about your luck. Don't give up. First we need some more info. What kind of bator? Is is still air? How eggs were stored, how long? What are you feeding your breeders? Or are these shipped eggs? It will help with answers.
thumbsup.gif

this is a forced air G.Q.F model 802 with auto egg turner and it has an auto float water container in the top so maybe I need to not fill up the water at the begining of th set and these eggs are eggs out of the nest could be 7 to 10 days old my hens run loose so when I find a nest I pick them up or it could be extra eggs that th hen cant cover when she goes to set I have had this bator running for about 2 months and nothing thanks for your help

Quote:
IT IS A FORCED AIR GQF MODEL 802 THESE EGGS CAME OUT OF THE NEST ABOUT 7-10 DAYS OLD OR EGGS A HEN COULD NOT COVER AND MY HENS ARE RUNNING LOOSE ON THE YARD AND IT HAS AN AUTO WATER SYSTEM ON IT DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THE HUMIDITY DOWN

Back
Top Bottom