Incubating in my bra: An experiment.

Pics
We have a dog named Chi Chi. Later found out that is boobies in Spanish.

That made me giggle :lol: Funny story-- When I was little (about 10), I got a White Leghorn rooster from my mom's friend and I tried to name him Pecker. I didn't see what was wrong with that at the time... now, I'm mortified. :rolleyes: :gig

Last edited:
LOL... I just about went crazy. I couldn't find ChiChi to turn her in for the night. Looked all over in barn still no dog.... I was entering panic mode and heard her in tbe bantam coop. Evedintly she was sleeping with the chickens and got locked in.

Aww :p silly dog. My pomeranian mix likes to climb into the chicken coop. She used to steal the false wooden "training egg" from the nest box and I would end up looking all over my huge backyard for the darn thing :rant

How is everything going with them two egg's and are you feeling any better????

gander007
old.gif

I just read opening page of this post, along with a few replies.
There have been threads on this site every year or two about someone attempting to incubate eggs in their bra.
Sometimes it's referred to as a bra-bator.

Here's one thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1825/egg-in-bra-moving-but-its-day-24

Most of the time it hasn't been successful because the temperature in a bra would be too low. I just checked mine and got a reading 96.5*F. Insulating the egg may not help, because it is distancing the egg from the heat source, which would probably drop the temperature another degree. I think it would be better to have the egg in direct contact with the skin. I think in one of the other threads I read, the eggs eventually developed cracks and didn't hatch.

I sure do applaud those who try.

Here's a post I found in another thread. The OP had one hatch and another poster had a few hatch: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/238309/my-bra-baby-is-here-pic/50#post_2820234

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom