Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics
I live on the Big Island (called Hawaii), main towns are Kona and Hilo, famous for Kona coffee and macadamia nuts!
Macadamia nuts are heavenly! Thatā€™s one thing I remember well, mac pancakes, chocolate covered macs...so good! I told my kids when they graduate HS I will take them on a trip wherever they want to go and it looks like I might be coming back to Hawaii in 2027šŸ„³

SO Egg number 9 has passed... Looked great day 11 and now at day 13 is an early quitter. Was the last egg out the dozen I started with. I am giving up on the self blue for now (And our family motto is Never give up!). Someone just posted on Craigslist here on The Big Island that they have blue/black/splash pullets for sale, so I am going to buy a few!
Good luck to you both @Shellybob and @LavinmyBasket!!!!!! :love
Bummerā˜¹ I have gotten a little obsessive with hatching
SO Egg number 9 has passed... Looked great day 11 and now at day 13 is an early quitter. Was the last egg out the dozen I started with. I am giving up on the self blue for now (And our family motto is Never give up!). Someone just posted on Craigslist here on The Big Island that they have blue/black/splash pullets for sale, so I am going to buy a few!
Bummerā˜¹ļø So sorry to hear this. I have gotten a little obsessed with hatching some. I also will ship to you if I have success! Hoping to get some from Paul toošŸ˜¢ One day. I have quite a few wriggling around in there so we will see. I cant wait til next thursday, hatch day!!! Wishing you the best also and LavinmybasketšŸ’œ

Just got my two new ameraucana girls! One blue and one splash. Not lavender, but little sweeties just the same. One month old! So excited!:wee:love
Photo is a bit dark, night time! In a temporary cage until tomorrow!

WIN_20200618_19_45_48_Pro (2).jpg

Just got my two new ameraucana girls! One blue and one splash. Not lavender, but little sweeties just the same. One month old! So excited!:wee:love
Photo is a bit dark, night time! In a temporary cage until tomorrow!

View attachment 2202131

Those two are little cuties :) Wishing you better luck next time with lavenders. It's always so disappointing when a hatch fails :(

I was suppose to be on the Big Island in May to help with a marine biology course - they're hoping to run it next year instead. I was there for the same course back in 2018 - a little smokey from the eruptions, but we had an amazing time nonetheless (was just missing the sunsets :) ).

Those two are little cuties :) Wishing you better luck next time with lavenders. It's always so disappointing when a hatch fails :(

I was suppose to be on the Big Island in May to help with a marine biology course - they're hoping to run it next year instead. I was there for the same course back in 2018 - a little smokey from the eruptions, but we had an amazing time nonetheless (was just missing the sunsets :) ).
Thanks!
Should have known by your avatar you were a marine biologist! My daughter wants to be one (she's 12). Thankfully, Pele the volcano goddess has been napping peacefully (I'm hoping for at least 30 years, wink of an eye for her...)
There are a few of us on Island who want the lavenders (NOBODY breeds them here). Hoping to get some chicks sent over in the fall, we will see. In know it's not the same as incubating them yourself, but I am accepting defeat in that area for now!

Thanks!
Should have known by your avatar you were a marine biologist! My daughter wants to be one (she's 12). Thankfully, Pele the volcano goddess has been napping peacefully (I'm hoping for at least 30 years, wink of an eye for her...)
There are a few of us on Island who want the lavenders (NOBODY breeds them here). Hoping to get some chicks sent over in the fall, we will see. In know it's not the same as incubating them yourself, but I am accepting defeat in that area for now!

Your daughter is in a great place for learning about the oceans! We stay right on Kealakekua Bay and the marine life is just incredible there :) I'm thankful things are quiet on the Big Island now - hope Pele stays asleep for many years to come.

I can imagine that Hawaii is a tough location to get new chicken breeds that aren't found on the islands - hopefully you'll manage to get some nice chicks over later this year. It isn't the same as hatching, no, but if you really want the breeds/colours you have to do what you have to do to make it happen!

I live on the Big Island (called Hawaii), main towns are Kona and Hilo, famous for Kona coffee and macadamia nuts!
No way, it just boggles my mind! This is so frustrating. Please share photos of your pullets! Much lovešŸ’—

Back
Top Bottom