incubating mallard duck eggs

chickbird

Songster
May 4, 2009
have looked at info on this site on incubating duck eggs and still confused:: what humidity should i use? can i use the egg turner? do i spritz the eggs daily? what is the incubation period for mallard eggs? thanks

Quote:
Humidity 65% days 1-18, then 70-75%, yes use the turner, only spritz if you are having humidity issues and the incubation period is 28 days.
big_smile.png

You don't spritz the eggs and you keep temp and humidity the same during incubation. When you set them to hatch (lockdown) you'll need higher humidity, around 65%. But NOT during incubation, you just keep them wherever you keep your chicken eggs.

Mallard ducks take about 26 days to hatch. Using the turner is fine.

Lol what debbie and shelley said
smile.png

Try not to over think it its not much different than chickens just a little longer cooking and a bit more humidity at the end.

Quote:
LOL! I have never had a duck hatch prior to day 28, and here where I live it is hard to get to 50%. I posted my dream I guess. I have welsh harlequins in the bator now and just added water - it was 25%.
hmm.png

Quote:
LOL! I have never had a duck hatch prior to day 28, and here where I live it is hard to get to 50%. I posted my dream I guess. I have welsh harlequins in the bator now and just added water - it was 25%.
hmm.png

Mallards are smaller than most ducks. Calls and mallards should take 24-26 days.

Quote:
hmm.png

Mallards are smaller than most ducks. Calls and mallards should take 24-26 days.

I think I am thinking of pekin derivitives?? I thought mallards and mallard derivitives. Maybe I am wrong. I have been before. Once.
lol.png

Quote:
I am laughing over here because my mallard hen must be HUGE!!! She is the same size as my pekins. Now I wonder what I REALLY have out there!!!

ETA: Almost the same size.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am laughing over here because my mallard hen must be HUGE!!! She is the same size as my pekins. Now I wonder what I REALLY have out there!!!

She's probably a rouen, not a mallard.

Back
Top Bottom