Incubating Question

I don't fret over minor fluctuations, it will take awhile for that temperature change to reach all the way into the core of the egg and by then your temp may come back up a smidge, a little deviation here and there shouldn't hurt much, as long as on average your temperature is close to the desired amount over the course of your incubation. Hens do leave the nest to eat and poop during setting anyways.

Thanks
smile.png

I am using the same incubator that you are. I used another thermometer along side the one that was supplied. The supplied thermometer read 104 while the other that I used read 99 to 99.5. Out of 25 eggs, 3 have hatched and all the others except 2 have pipped. Day 20. I would suggest using another thermometer to get an average reading. Not sure if the supplied thermometer will get eggs warm enough to get a good hatch if you are going by the 99.5 on it.

Good point blewis-- I always use a thermometer I have test in some manner. The worst thermometer was the one that came with the incubator. I use fish tank thermometers and start by comparing a few at the store, looking for several with the same temp reading. THe digitals are probably more accurate. Again I tested mine against known information from the first hatches.

I candled them today and they seem ok which I'm amazed cause someone turn the a/c off it got 83 in the house and 102 in the incubator yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom