Incubating Question

Once they interally pip you can help break open the shell. I try to get the cap off and let the chicks push there way out. THe leg movement of pushing seems tob e important tot the development of their abiitty to walk after hatching.

When initally opening look for big veins in thelining-- might need to wait until the blood is better absorbed. THis is a relative size-- obvious vs need to look harder to see.

Temp is fine.

If you candle you should see if the chick has internally pipped. Of course if it is cheeping-- it has interanlly pipped.

Pete has parrot information with lots of pics. He does assist in hatching becuase the parrot baies are very valuable and he documented his work on saving them.

I going to leave them alone for awhile on the day I set them in there in was late it the day so i guess I'm still on day 21 until 5.

After feeling like I "let"
Once they interally pip you can help break open the shell. I try to get the cap off and let the chicks push there way out. THe leg movement of pushing seems tob e important tot the development of their abiitty to walk after hatching.

When initally opening look for big veins in thelining-- might need to wait until the blood is better absorbed. THis is a relative size-- obvious vs   need to look harder to see. 
the first one die,,,, I put a small air hole in the egg yesterday morning. When I got off wk, it was the same as I had left it. But I could see the duckling was still alive. His bill was rt at the hole, but no more progress. I gently chipped a little more away and stopped when I saw a very tiny amt of blood in the membrane. He's in a r-com pro incubator. The humidity settings don't go above 70%. I put more water in the bottom on paper towels and wet the outside of the shell. We will see...any ideas? I think he's worn out...

Back
Top Bottom