Incubating Question

Ok. I know I'm posting this incorrectly! But HAVE to run out the door for work! Important question: My ducklings are due to hatch today! Eggs have been moving for 3 days and really rocking the past 2! I can hear one chirping inside and the other clicking! They are really moving those eggs but no cracks in the shell yet! Should I have the eggs on a flat smooth surface or in a stationary position so the duckling can maneuver without the egg rolling around? How long is too long at this point before he should crack the shell? What to do????? Thx!!!

I usually begin to hear chirping coming from the eggs late on day 19 and hatching begins early on on day 20 and lasts until day 21. I have never had any go until day 22.
Thank you,,, I hope to have progress when I get home today!!

Thank you,,, I hope to have progress when I get home today!!
I'd leave the eggs alone for now. Most chicken eggs hatch around the 21st day, but can hatch earlier or later. Its possible that your incubator temperature was slightly off, and would cause them to develop a little slower. I'd give them at least another day before candling them.
I have duck eggs that are due today! Heard chirping this morning...at 10:00 am. Lots of movement then.... Still no cracks or breaks in the shell,,, haven't seen any movement... Is this normal or is there a problem???

I hear chirps on the egg cam
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom