INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww! How do you get your duckies so tame??? I raised mine from babies, but they pretty near had a heart attack whenever I picked one up......

First, Calls imprint way more than other ducks... also, lots and lots of time with them... and I don't constantly pick them up, I let them come to me and go when they please... seems to make for much more friendly and cuddly that way...

All 6 AC eggs are growing!!!!!! Day 7 is friday........but I had to make sure! Oh on another note...... my little black chick is constantly crying!!!! It's the smallest and has a swollen gut.????!!!

Ugh! How old is the chick? I can't remember when you hatched some... :oops:

I'm not a farmer but this is my normal...wife just got home from work. We always eat late....

Yeah. At lunch time though, since we farm rice, and are just getting into the almond business, we rotate and an employee goes and picks up everyone's lunch. We vote where we want to eat in the morning, and it makes it easy, but there are busy days where everyone goes without lunch. :cd

Ooh! You just reminded me! I still have my ice cream cake in the freezer! Gonna go get some lol!
lau.gif
it's only eight p.m where you are so eat up

Aww! How do you get your duckies so tame??? I raised mine from babies, but they pretty near had a heart attack whenever I picked one up......

First, Calls imprint way more than other ducks... also, lots and lots of time with them... and I don't constantly pick them up, I let them come to me and go when they please... seems to make for much more friendly and cuddly that way...

All 6 AC eggs are growing!!!!!! Day 7 is friday........but I had to make sure! Oh on another note...... my little black chick is constantly crying!!!! It's the smallest and has a swollen gut.????!!!

Ok, thanks.... Actually only picked them up when neccesary, like health check or moving them. They are barnyard mixes... True mutts! :)
Calls are adorable, almost makes me want to get some ducks again..... Almost. 1 winter of frozen slush for a coop floor was enough!!!

(They went to the neighbor's pond)

Last edited:

About 2 weeks old. Poor thing just cries and cries and it breaks my heart! It kind of calms down when I hold it but it makes this clicky sound when when it breathes....only when I hold it. I dont hear it when it's in the brooder.

Ok, thanks.... Actually only picked them up when neccesary, like health check or moving them. They are barnyard mixes... True mutts! :)
Calls are adorable, almost makes me want to get some ducks again..... Almost. 1 winter of frozen slush for a coop floor was enough!!!

(They went to the neighbor's pond)

:confused: no frozen slush coop floor here...

About 2 weeks old. Poor thing just cries and cries and it breaks my heart! It kind of calms down when I hold it but it makes this clicky sound when when it breathes....only when I hold it. I dont hear it when it's in the brooder.

Abdomen is swollen too? Is it dark or discolored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom