1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    #6 looks to be about an average. I think #2 probably has the biggest but nobody has an abnormally large or small one. So between day 14-18 you want to lose the same (maybe a touch more) amount of moisture in the 4 days that you've previously been losing in 7 days? If thats the case I would want to run at a lower humidity for those 4 days.

2. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Ur-ur-ur-urrr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    Thanks, Jack! [​IMG]

Thanks, Jm! [​IMG] Ordered your calendar yet? I tried, but failed my password too many times and have to wait an hour! [​IMG]

I'm charging them in protein. Eggs or meat... it matters not. [​IMG]

Just a bit! I wanted to at least feather out before moving them outdoors. Most have lost their fuzz, but many still have bald patches under their wings. Hopefully in a couple of weeks... [​IMG]

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    In my defense I'm on my phone so its hard to see dashes but yes the 20th is correct.

Don't let this get around but your pretty good at this whole math thingy.

night cc

5. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
  6. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    Hmm... I didn't have to do anything to get the same rate of growth of air cells between day 14 and day 18. The cells grew just as larger in 4 days as they did between days 7 and 14. I think the increased metabolism and heat generated in the egg helped somewhat. Just an nonobjective view from my vast experience with hatching... all of two times! [​IMG]

7. fresnofarmer

fresnofarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Fresno CA
    oh how I miss khatchapuri it's soo good! There is also another one with out the egg and is round, reminds me of a cheese pizza but no sauce 10x extra cheese!

8. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    1 person likes this.
  9. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Dang....you should have at least got a happy ending

nite cc sorry I missed you...

for that amount they could have cooked it with local's famous BUTTER..... :)

10. Wendy High

Wendy High Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2016
    Ben Wheeler, Tx
    Lots of good info on website. Still learning how to get around. Wanted to join forum. Not sure how.... Going to try and build a bator box this weekend with some of info from site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by