INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started adding the addition to my brooder, which will become the nursery for new babies. This is allowing me to borrow a little time until I have to do something different. One of the 2'x4' sections is getting a little cramped with 15 (5 week-old) Barred Rock chicks. As soon as I pick up some construction wire and add a door (tomorrow), the 7 NYD chicks will be moving to the 2nd floor of the brooder... and the older chicks will get to stretch out when I remove the divider on the 1st floor. I hope by the time they outgrow the 4'x4' space it'll be warm enough to move them to an outside pen...
fl.gif

Getting crowded on one side of the brooder:

Removing the divider will double the size of the "1st floor":

2nd floor nursery is framed in. The gate-style door will be in the back:

Another view:

Front view of brooder + nursery:

Very nice!!!

I started adding the addition to my brooder, which will become the nursery for new babies. This is allowing me to borrow a little time until I have to do something different. One of the 2'x4' sections is getting a little cramped with 15 (5 week-old) Barred Rock chicks. As soon as I pick up some construction wire and add a door (tomorrow), the 7 NYD chicks will be moving to the 2nd floor of the brooder... and the older chicks will get to stretch out when I remove the divider on the 1st floor. I hope by the time they outgrow the 4'x4' space it'll be warm enough to move them to an outside pen...
fl.gif

Another view:

nice! gonna have to raise the rent to cover those local improvements
gig.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
yesss.gif
highfive.gif

fl.gif

Another view:

ep.gif
wee.gif
yea I think they were getting tight in there I cant keep them in the house, after a week or two they head out into growout brooders.

Quote: HOLYSMOKES thats a waste of cash, just sayin.... food that good? or did you get something extra on the side
hide.gif

Day 14 candleing results. Could see movement in everybody except the saddle celled BCM. Although there is development in there. @Sally Sunshine should I continue to keep my humidity right around the 30% range?

Day 14 candleing results. Could see movement in everybody except the saddle celled BCM. Although there is development in there. @Sally Sunshine should I continue to keep my humidity right around the 30% range?
air cells look just fine to me Chaos. I would leave it as is till lock down. just my plugged nickels worth.

is number six one of the larger air cells?

is this one #7 an average air cell? if it is look what you have....

four days remaining to loose weight, reds were 7 days.... what do you think you should do to get to that 18 mark? IF THIS IS YOUR AVERAGE EGG

LL

Quote:
#6 looks to be about an average. I think #2 probably has the biggest but nobody has an abnormally large or small one. So between day 14-18 you want to lose the same (maybe a touch more) amount of moisture in the 4 days that you've previously been losing in 7 days? If thats the case I would want to run at a lower humidity for those 4 days.
Quote: Quote:Ur-ur=ur Quote:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom