INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I cant get so behind! now I have to find @rossfam06 and see if she "had" her babies yet!

sa what!!!!!

your welcome! AWESOME to read!!! I cant wait to see them hatch!!
bun.gif

are you serious? I have sons out out of college and married, and I started all over again, thats HarmonyAnn MY 2nd youngest she is 10 now a few years ago silly @kwhites634
Hey, I made you smile, didn't I? My job is done.

Close to day 22 on these eggs and i'm nit seeing any pips yet. They are chirping and moving but nothing external. How long before I hould worry?

Nah @Sally Sunshine no extra babies yet! Just bigger housing for my current girls. We get TONS of pallets and have giant sheets of plywood just laying around. Ironically the smaller, more splintery-looking wood pallets give you more profit at the recycling center here than the large, fairly good wood (which only nets maybe a few euro).

I'm taking two large roughly three meter pallets and I'll have to scavenge some wood from this week's kitchen breakdown or something to get the raw material for the coop. We'll spring 16 euro a pop for two corrugated plastic sheets for the roofing. In all it'll be a lean-to style design on wood or brick risers to give it height and two nesting boxes for all eight girls. I'm also sourcing agricultural lime (slaked lime used for drawing those white lines on football fields) to use for whitewash on the inside of the coop to keep out mites and I'm going to use pet-quality wood dowels for roosts. I got a real good plan y'all!

go go babies
Thank you. Number two DIS
hit.gif
8 to on day 22
fl.gif

Good luck!! Hope you have 9 more!!
Thank you. Number two DIS
hit.gif
8 to on day 22

Okay guys just caught up. Well I too talk to my eggs from the day of setting, and sometimes I sing to them. But I've never had any of my eggs for sure rock roll or shake. I thought my two black oegbs did but it was like four in the morning so it may have been me twitching lol.
This is my second time to incubate. I didn't see rocking, rolling, shaking or pipping on the the first batch and I watched that bator like a hawk. All of a sudden there was a chick and then a second. This time around didn't see a thing and egg hatched. One I thought was pipped but DIS
sad.png
One rocked last night (day 21) but nothing today
barnie.gif
This can be really frustrating.
fl.gif
for you!

Thank you. One hatch, one DIS
hit.gif

Yeah yeah yeah! Pics soon please!
Picture coming soon
smile.png

Can I play too? I'm on day 7! First time with shipped eggs.....I'm nervous!
fl.gif
for you
smile.png
I'm giving up on shipped eggs for a while. I did have some Chocolate Orpington eggs on order but the breeder's hens slowed down in production and order was canceled. I'm really glad it was.

Thank you! I ordered some eggs off eBay and at day 7 candling 11/12 are alive and growing strong, 1 died early, no veins, clearish with an incomplete blood ring, I left it in just in case, my last 2 hatches I had moments of oops I thought you were dead....sorry you are now.... I'm trying to avoid that this time. So I'm leaving everyone in until lockdown unless someone starts oozing or weeping.....I need the next 14 days to go by quickly, I wanna see little fuzzy butts!
I haven't had one of those moments and hope I never do. They must be hard. Good luck
fl.gif

LMAO, pic on it's way
smile.png

Wow I cant get so behind! now I have to find @rossfam06 and see if she "had" her babies yet!
I can't even keep up and I'm just little ol me. I just don't see how you ever catch up
smile.png
You are awesome and so is everyone that can stay ahead
thumbsup.gif

Close to day 22 on these eggs and i'm nit seeing any pips yet. They are chirping and moving but nothing external. How long before I hould worry?
Make sure you are counting your days right. The day you set the eggs is not day one. Day one is 24 hrs later.
fl.gif
for you.

This is Tootie

Hatched yesterday. One DIS today
hit.gif
and 8 remain day 22. No peeps, no rocking or rolling, nada
hit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom