INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when do you guys find out what flavor they are?

Possibly today but more than likely 2 weeks. We decided to get refered to the larger hospital about an hour away if you remember that conversation. We have our first appointment there middle of Jun. The one this afternoon was already scheduled so they will see us one last time before the transition.

Possibly today but more than likely 2 weeks. We decided to get refered to the larger hospital about an hour away if you remember that conversation. We have our first appointment there middle of Jun. The one this afternoon was already scheduled so they will see us one last time before the transition.
Yea I remember that conversation. Hopefully it works out well for you guys.

Quote: tar yes

Brahma. Yolk sac looks infected???

CCL. Head not under wing.

OE. Didn't get any farther than this as it had a barf-worthy stench.
sickbyc.gif

OE. Malpo, head in small end of egg and feet jammed to the side.

CCL. Funny smell and head not under wing.

Sapphire. Icky yolk and smelly.
sickbyc.gif
sapphire looks good that sucks it looks correct position too.
so mostly malpositions and yes that brahma yolk sack looks odd

I wanted to share this here because I think most of you had this awh ha moment,of holy cow I should be more proud of my birds. Only after I read it to myself did I realize I need to join poultry anonymous. Like I said I think most of you are past this not from the number of birds you have but the amount of time you have invested in what you have. I would never have taken on so much if it were not for the support of BYC.

3 yrs ago 64sqft coop with 200sqft run raised 1 batch of 24 Cornish cross...2 yrs ago 33 Cornish cross, 1 yr ago 15 Ladies listed below coop upgrades for eggs and winter. Since March hatched 14 quail, 45 quail eggs getting set tonight! Ordered the Spring Pups below from my trusted hatchery, but yet I am strongly considering closing my flock and only hatching my own now. Cleaned deep litter out of coop because I have to many chickens now and it doesn't crust over as well. Built an outdoor urban style coop/brooder. Built a 12' radius steel frame 200 sqft run that still needs wire. Worked on quail cages because it was raining today, built lots of feeders and waters, introduction pens, brooders. I plan to build another 125 sqft run between the old one and one that needs wire for the urban coop/brooder. I ordered 2 of the sheds pictured above just now. One for a grower coop, for the run that needs wire and one for the quail cages with leftover room being an open grower pen. Both will need venting and floors built plus assembly....so the chicken math and quail multiplication. I have 39 chickens and 14 quail. Before the next 40 quail eggs hatch in 17 days I will have approximately 270 sqft of coop space, 525 sqft of run and 60 sqft of quail cages and as many birds as I can hatch as soon as the young roo matures and the quail start laying......leg bands!!! Have to go need to research leg bands never used them before and soon I am going to forget who is who.....little busy later BYC.

Lol!! Good luck to you!!

Ok, it's day 17 and I'm almost sure I heard chirping....could be that I hear chirping all the time, in my car, in my room, at work.  I think most of it is imaginary.   I know at work, there have been a few days that folks have propped open the balcony doors, and we can hear all the birdies outside.  I do have chicks in my bedroom and bathroom, so that takes care of this end of the house.  In the living room I have lots of eggs brewing.  That is where I heard some chirping.  

I think I'm going to lock them down a day early and see what happens.  I have 36 eggs waiting to take their place....

I think we all hear chirping sometimes lol

Seriously I'm so darned busy I can't keep up at all.....hope you all are well

Hi!! Hope you caught some fish

catching bull frogs.the season opens at 12:01

Didn't know there was a season, we catch all summer

Hi!!

Good morning Chicky!

Good Morning Everyone! :frow

I have a lot of posts to catch up on! 

Good morning!

:yesss:

:frow
I aint sweet
yes you are
Good morning ms sunshine!!

Well only one of my quotes made it :(
So hi Kathy!!!

Morning Justin!

Ok so yesterday volunteered at my vets office. I had a pretty good day started by making sure all the cloths were clean then gave a dog a bath. Watched a few pets get shots. And then the fun part I got to watch a dog get spayed except I got sick at the sight of all the blood and nearly passed out. So after regaining my head I watched the vet removed 2 cists off of a daschund. After that we had lunch and had to make a farm call for a sick horse. The horse had a twisted intestine and had to be put to sleep which was very sad. Then went back to the vet office and had a few more get shots and had to trim a rabbits teeth also had a dental cleaning on one. But that just about sums up my day yesterday. I am hoping to go back soon.

Sorry it was rough but is very rewarding

Good Morning Everyone!
:caf

Mornin

:oops:

Caught up now. Mornin everyone.

Hello!!

If all this talk of fruits and nuts is supposed to wake me up well....

Its working

Morning everyone. :frow
good morning!

Well just had to check back in before work starts. Good morning to everyone and I hope you all have an amazing day!!!!!!!!! :frow

Have a great day!

I will.

Have to get going now so I can sell eggs to buy more food.... Oh and work also. :frow

Work is overrated

mornin!

Chaos I leave you alone for 15 minutes and you have all the guys and gals in here smacking you. I was tempted to run for the hills with you yesterday. Having 2nd thoughts now. Seems dangerous.

LOL!! Very keep yourself safe

Dinner is calling...

I have to go...
Hope you all have a Happy Hump Day!
:frow
lol you too!

Lookin good!

Black coffee or do you dilute it?
black coffee, strong

tar yes
sapphire looks good that sucks it looks correct position too.
so mostly malpositions and yes that brahma yolk sack looks odd

Okay. Is there anything I could do about malpo's? Stop turning a little earlier? I had to lockdown early day 19, could that have done it?
-Banti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom