INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: thems my words son

Quote:
The all flock feed should be ok, is protein 20% or more?

You almost sound like Sally, complaining about your internet.
gig.gif

Glad you are feeling better.
hey now!!! I wont complain anymore, you can just assume I have no internet sticks out tongue in words because emotis are not available BECAUSE OF SUCKISH INTERNET

I didn't say you shouldn't complain about SUCKISH INTERNET.
tongue2.gif

roll.png

Can anyone tell me if this egg looks viable.....dark brown....day 6 under a broody....

see candle section here https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

and see below..... I keep all eggs unless stink in until day 10

Well I wasnt going to candle but you all got me anxious, and Lookie what I have on day 4...

Day 4 Bantam eggs:

-Kathy

day 4 now but was able to see some good veining. Here's one of the bantam Cochin eggs:

Quote:

Well this chicken math is something. I got my eggs this morning from the post office, you know the ones I won in the auction. My first shipped eggs. Woo hoo..

I opened and checked their tops. I couldn't understand the code on them. Didn't make sense for what I ordered. Well guess what???!

I got sent the wrong eggs. So now I am the owner of 19 various Orpington eggs. The ones I ordered will be sent tonight. So I am going to have 15 plus 19 eggs in my

Bators. looks like I got sent some really nice colors. We shall see.
Good luck on them and the next batch!! Any pips yet?

ugh. I have now lost 3 chicks in about 7 days. I can't think of what it was.
you are giving amprolium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine

speaking of dead eggs.... remember I said how hot to the touch the duck eggs were? well I have almost all blood rings! two embryos that I can see and one I think is a blood ring but not sure, the others dead very tiny little dots. sniffles... dang weather now its beautiful out lol cant win!

when does kiddo come home to party? Good luck Kathy!!!
Help!

Came home, checked eggs and found this... Is it an oozing egg?!? Candled but these are so dark I can't see. The spots are hard like dried up glue. Do I need to take it out!?! What if it's alive still? Tomorrow is lockdown.

yes trash that !!!! I will assume you cant see the live chick in it?

Last edited:
frow.gif
Hello!
Has anyone ever hatched eggs that have been in the refrigerator? I took ten of my freshest eggs out of the fridge to hatch when eight of my chickens were killed by a fox last Tuesday, but d'ya think they'll hatch?
I'm candling tonight (day 7), whenever it finally gets dark. I'll see what I have so far!
fl.gif
good luck, I have hatched them, had a few dis but otherwise they did hatch

Quote: I hope you catch him soon!

Quote: How do you know it's me? I may be someone else entirely, working undercover. Beyond that, I'm doing just fine. How's life in Indiana?

whats up whites? how is mr roo doing ?
He hasn't given me any more trouble, yet. He gives me a wide berth, & I make sure I know where he is whenever I have to be in the run when he's out of the coop

Hey all. We're getting close to cutting wheat and super busy.

I think after my cabinets are empty, I'm gonna shut it down and turn the breeding pens out to free range. Market is tough this year and I've got 2 guys within a 6-7 miles radius decide to start selling chicks. Mutts none the less. They are in a price war and advertising everywhere they can. $1.00-$1.25 a beak and if you get a roo, bring it back and get 2 more chicks in return. I'll start ringing necks and pitch them in a ditch before I play that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom