INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. We're getting close to cutting wheat and super busy.

I think after my cabinets are empty, I'm gonna shut it down and turn the breeding pens out to free range. Market is tough this year and I've got 2 guys within a 6-7 miles radius decide to start selling chicks. Mutts none the less. They are in a price war and advertising everywhere they can. $1.00-$1.25 a beak and if you get a roo, bring it back and get 2 more chicks in return. I'll start ringing necks and pitch them in a ditch before I play that game.
Sounds like time for another freezer, but I wouldn't play their game, either

@Sally Sunshine

I can't see in it, it is so dark. I thought I saw an air cell the other day but now I don't see an air cell. It does not stink. But there are about 6 spots of dried up stuff on it since this morning.

Take it out?!?

I feel overwhelming guilt if there's a live chick in there.

Help!

Came home, checked eggs and found this... Is it an oozing egg?!? Candled but these are so dark I can't see. The spots are hard like dried up glue. Do I need to take it out!?! What if it's alive still? Tomorrow is lockdown.

I would try to use a small disposable Tupperware, or margarine container with holes in the bottom...and no lid. That way, if it explodes, it'll hopefully be more contained.

Last edited:
Hey all. We're getting close to cutting wheat and super busy.

I think after my cabinets are empty, I'm gonna shut it down and turn the breeding pens out to free range. Market is tough this year and I've got 2 guys within a 6-7 miles radius decide to start selling chicks. Mutts none the less. They are in a price war and advertising everywhere they can. $1.00-$1.25 a beak and if you get a roo, bring it back and get 2 more chicks in return. I'll start ringing necks and pitch them in a ditch before I play that game.
That stink about the other chicks, good luck with the wheat and neighbors

@BantyChooks sooo call duck eggs $30/doz and only $15 to ship
:oops: I may have been added to a list to receive some -to give to someone else to hatch

Was that a good deal? I think it was but I dunno

Last edited:
lots of people do it! Good luck!!!
I did last year with some barnyard mix eggs. I pulled 8 out of the fridge to 'top off' the bator. The oldest had been in the fridge for 3 days. I let them sit out overnight and put them in the next morning. All 8 hatched! I've also seen people hatch Trader Joes eggs. Good luck!
good luck, I have hatched them, had a few dis but otherwise they did hatch

I hope you catch him soon!

Thanks. I have a little more confidence now that I'll get some chicks out of this hatch. I'm going to candle sometime pretty soon - I know, I know, it's really late, but I can't be left in suspense! I want to know how many are in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom