INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No tips really, just hold tight and don't get kicked.

Hi Whites!
gig.gif
Thanks.

I had a visitor inside my run last night.
This morning, as soon as I went down to the coop, a mourning dove (the one that is the odd man out I presume) flew over to roost on the run. Last evening, all four of them were chowing down at the feeder while the flock was preparing for bed.

Which percentage humidity do you guys average in your incubators? :confused: Mine is usually around 45%.
I have found 25-28% for EE (what I hatch most often) and 30-35% for shipped or bantam works well.
p.s. I am very far behind catching up. Ignore if redundant.
Thank you!! (ABCDEFG)
I figured out why, LOL we had the rain fall fast and hard a bit later, overflowed our very low pool, saved me pumping water in it!! Then no internet for the rest of the night go figure lol Thank you Heather! Good Morning too @Amiga do you free range them? I am sorta feeling bad I dont get mine in when it storms? but they are in a run when I am not sitting with them freeranging, neighbors have a pond and I know they will find it and leave forever. LOL Mornin Paddler! LOL I know def SOLD!!
My chooks dont get put in in a storm, they can go in if they want, but if not too bad for them!
I keep wanting to add up the lost cash in my head but I dont think I could bare it :hit I was so proud to fill my freezer with my own birds and our friend butchers left overs and great buys. All that processing of those meaties ughhhhhh at least the kids get to eat good for a bit.
:hugs
Morning ALL!!!!

Currently Viewing

5 Members, 5 Guests Chaos18 Leave a LightOn Sally Sunshine kwhites634 mlm Mike :frow BANTI how you liking that plat membership?
Mornin!! I'm loving it, I'm going through improving grammar & spelling on some of my old posts, cause it has been BUGGING me to no end. (When I first joined, I was using a tablet that was VERY hard to type on. Hence all the mistakes) Going invisible is fun too, and I really like the change your own title!

This morning, as soon as I went down to the coop, a mourning dove (the one that is the odd man out I presume) flew over to roost on the run. Last evening, all four of them were chowing down at the feeder while the flock was preparing for bed.

Did the visitor stick around to chat?

Hello MC! I hope the visitor doesn't cause you any problems.

I thought you didn't have predators.

I have never ever had them sprout that fast in any season - always takes 2-3 weeks (which fits my reference info that states 21 days). Maybe your conditions are different.

- Ant Farm
Here's a chart you might find interesting.
It's a little hard to read at first but it gives the percentage of seeds that will germinate at a given temperature, the optimal daytime soil temperature for maximum production and the days to germination at optimal temp.

http://tomclothier.hort.net/page11.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom